Home

So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things?

This is a discussion on So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: So, All of The Complaining Amounts to 4 Things?

If it were not for those who complain, the wishlists 48 hours after release, the bugs and glitches thread, you would not have the game that madden is today.

Thank you anyone that has ever complained about madden...we may finally get there someday.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree, to me I just don't get why people care so much about editing a jersey number, or if a sock stripe is correct, but I get why people are upset at their omissions. I think the on field gameplay this year is the best its been since PS2. However, I believe where this year took a giant step backwards is authenticity. The stadium sounds, celebrations, fight songs, cut scenes, NFL films music, etc. To me, that is the important intangibles that give you that NFL fix we crave so much. Im starting to believe the everything we see on Sunday was totally Cummings doing, and this team sorta forgot about those little things. Hopefully they get fixed in a patch, but its doubtful. Otherwise its the best version this generation hands down.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

#1 CCM breaking issue that no one is talking about

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...attention.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1
If none of those things you mentioned don't matter to you then go play the game you will love it. Everything you mentioned though your obviously ignorant about why people find them beneficial, but it doesnt change the fact that many people used the features removed. The more options available it increases replay value. I personally never play superstar mode or online. But I know alot of people play them so I wouldn't question or hate on anyone who uses those modes. You don't have to understand why people like those features but those features were used alot. Plain and simple and for most it ruins the game.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm smelling a troll post in here guys.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Banned

These are all issues but they are not CCM-breakers. The CPUs offense in CCM (bot is broken compared to play now and renders the mode unplayable to anyone looking for any semblance of a challenge. The Cpu running game is non-existent and the QBs/passing game as a whole is completely inept. This is what needs to be fixed ASAP. CCM AI= Play Now A
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
5) They're too stupid to figure out CC. Its true.

But for problem number #1 it is not just that. Take my CC for example. I wanna switch the Ravens from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Now if I do that I would have to change Ngata to a DT and my some of my OLB to DEs. I can't do that. Yes, I could just plug Ngata in at DT in the depth chart but he takes an awr hit plus it throws off your roster requirements.
Aaahh... I've never thought about changing my team's scheme after all of these years, but I can see how the lack of editing can be a problem now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
If it were not for those who complain, the wishlists 48 hours after release, the bugs and glitches thread, you would not have the game that madden is today.

Thank you anyone that has ever complained about madden...we may finally get there someday.
I agree, that constructive feedback, but sometimes I think 'gamers' cry over petty things that never really matter. I'd rather they make the running and collision animations look more organic. It seems like (in the demo), people just run stiff/awkwardly, collide with each other, fall over, and that's it. There doesn't seem to be a real fight in the players, and it still looks robotic. I guess I'll have to wait for next gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA14
Basically every CPU team calls runs 60-70% of the time. I can overlook everything else, but this is pretty pathetic.
Wow, that's weird. Didn't notice it from the demo. I noticed all-madden is still cheap. At the most crucial times, players still drop wide-open passes or simply don't look up for them.

I liked the ps2 games better. It seemed less cheap, and there was more control (lead block, commit to pass or run when the play starts, throw bullet passes high or low, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCKY_J
If none of those things you mentioned don't matter to you then go play the game you will love it. Everything you mentioned though your obviously ignorant about why people find them beneficial, but it doesnt change the fact that many people used the features removed. The more options available it increases replay value. I personally never play superstar mode or online. But I know alot of people play them so I wouldn't question or hate on anyone who uses those modes. You don't have to understand why people like those features but those features were used alot. Plain and simple and for most it ruins the game.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
2 player offline franchise? Be honest, how much of the fanbase do you think actually cares about this?

Fantasy draft? If that's the main reason for anyone buying, it doesn't seem very smart as one could just play the franchise mode in previous maddens for a few seasons to achieve the same result -- rosters completely distorted from their real-life counter-parts.

I guess the other two are arguable, but these are downright petty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
I'm smelling a troll post in here guys.
Strange... I smell butthurt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »