Home

Lead blocker issues?

This is a discussion on Lead blocker issues? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Rookie

Khimera's Arena

OVR: 1
Lead blocker issues?

Is anyone having problems with their lead blocker actually making their blocks on run plays? Half the time that I run a sweep or a run to the outside my lead blocker, be it a fullback or a pulling lineman, will take a weird route to get to the defender and end up not making contact at all. I end up getting tackled for a loss most of the time. I've tried playing as different teams but this still happens a couple times every game. Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Lead blocker issues?

1. Check the awareness of the blocker

2. You say it happens a few times each game? That is fine. Not all running plays are executed perfectly in the NFL either.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

every once in a while I'll have a completely botched assignment but more often than not i see them engage a defender to some degree. But when they ignore the assignment all together its really frustrating
Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't have the new game but from your description it sounds like a legacy issue, and it affects pulling linemen as well. At some point, one would think it would be resolved.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Khimera's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
1. Check the awareness of the blocker

2. You say it happens a few times each game? That is fine. Not all running plays are executed perfectly in the NFL either.
I've played with the Ravens with Vonta Leach and the same thing happens. And there is almost never a play where the fullback is running straight at a defender and just doesn't even touch them. What I'm talking about is my blocker will be running right at them and then divert away without as much as tapping them. A blocker with low awareness might not be able to choose who to block between multiple players, but guys like Leach should easily be able to block one guy every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Khimera's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
I don't have the new game but from your description it sounds like a legacy issue, and it affects pulling linemen as well. At some point, one would think it would be resolved.
I've been playing Madden for years, and I've never had the issue to this degree where they just don't even make contact at all. It's happening more frequently this year than ever, and it really is frustrating.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

It has been much better in Madden than in NCAA, but I think there is a small issue all the same. I've noticed it especially on pitch plays.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimera
I've played with the Ravens with Vonta Leach and the same thing happens. And there is almost never a play where the fullback is running straight at a defender and just doesn't even touch them. What I'm talking about is my blocker will be running right at them and then divert away without as much as tapping them. A blocker with low awareness might not be able to choose who to block between multiple players, but guys like Leach should easily be able to block one guy every time.
I use the Ravens and run behind Leach and don't think I have ever noticed this. What will happen sometimes is that the lead blocker will start running up field to block at the second level and then turn around to block a DL behind us but that is rare and I don't think its what you are referring to. Any chance for video?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »