Home

CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

This is a discussion on CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
Tell you're owners to get better internet. This happens all the time if you DC you get the loss. I'm glad EA did this.

This still doesn't explain why someone that is winning their game would quit.

I also don't see how you can really tell if your connection is good/bad. I have my PS3 running through my router, if my PC is turned OFF and my PS3 is the only thing pulling an internet connection (I have a wired router, so it's not wireless and some random user is connecting to my wired modem) my "connectivity bar" on Madden 13 will show 2 orange bars. This would lead you to believe that my internet connection is slow or weak.

However, if I turn my PC ON and connect it to the internet, then fire up my PS3 and online Madden 13, thus having multiple internet connections my "connectivity bar" will show 3 full green bars? So how does that work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
Its not fair but thats kind of how it should work. Unless they figure out a way to distinguish a genuine disconnection from the things I mentioned in my second post.
The thing is, its never been this way in Online Franchise...

The game has never counted, and damn sure has never given the Wrong team the Win...

So why now?

psn - CeeGee
Old 09-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you try advancing the week? Does the problem still exist then? This might ruin my online franchise. We are starting next week and we have 25+ guys, most of which have been playing since Madden 11. If this problem persists, this game will be a total disaster for me, as this is really the only gaming experience I enjoy for 3+ months.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
What should really boggle your mind, is the fact that EA Has already made a statement saying they were experiencing, "Unexpected increases" in online traffic...

So, you geared your entire Direction Toward Connected Careers, and totally revamped the Online Franchise of your game, but you "didn't expect" increased only traffic???

Well, I figure we the users are the ones with egg truly on our face. This isn't the first time this has happened. Maybe I'm just a sucker and keep "hoping" it will be different.

It's been a few years back but EA came out with the gameface option. Once they went live with this, I can't remember which title it was for either FIFA or Tiger Woods...it may have been a Fight Night game..., but they didn't account for the MASSIVE bandwidth this would put on their servers. It shut down a lot of the their overall servers as they tried to re-allocate server space, thus hammering the rest of the community and others not even playing that title.

Again, to come out and state "unexpected traffic" when you're forcing or directing your game towards and ONLY ONLINE title is just a lack of planning.

Fail to plan, plan to fail.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

first off, if you D/C in the 1st half the game doesn't count. this is a second half issue ONLY.

if you D/C in a random online ranked match you deserve a loss. however, if you D/C in an online franchise it's completely unacceptable to get a loss. it's laughable that some of you have no problem with. if you're in an online franchise, I can't wait to see what happens when you get a loss in a game that you had wrapped up. then we'll see how you feel.

I play in an online franchise with a website and with 31 legit owners. it's not a random league that I joined. people don't rage quit or do any of that nonsense of online ranked games. if you do that, you'll be thrown out.

all I'm asking for is last years online franchise D/C rules. when someone DC'd last year they would give you the option to count the game or don't count the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

First off, I am telepathically flaming the OP and everyone that has posted in this thread because I already posted about this a couple days ago but NOBODY, with the exception of Spliff3000, paid any attention. I even had pictures, lol.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ted-games.html

Now excuse my why I read the context of the discussion so I can edit in something meaningful.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

need needs to get fixed ASAP. I play in a sim league and the owners in it are legit. If there is a DC or one of EAs famous network timeouts, we need to be given the option of counting the game or not. If we choose to count the game, than the stats should count. Why the hell did ea change something that was working?

I don't care about lobby games vs the glitchers and cheesers. Go ahead and give the guy that DC's a loss. But when I comes to online franchise, the franchise owners need to have a choice.

SMH. EA you broke one of the few things that was working.

If this doesn't get patched fast, I'm done with M13.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
That may be the case indeed. I read that somewhere else that if it happens in the 2nd half the person that DC'ed gets the loss. Like I said, I'm starting to think more and more that this was designed like this and isn't an oversight.
Yeah, I think it is designed that way too, considering all the stats save correctly. Evidently, they didn't want people getting up in the second half, then pulling the plug to get win and didn't want people having to restart an entire game after the first half. I can see the logic but like Illustrator76 and Taz said to me, they should have a way to save the data online so the game can be resumed. Maybe only give gamers15 minutes to restart before the saved data is erased and they have to start the whole game over, to save space. Also would be great to just have a way for the commish to simulate the game WITHOUT it saving automatically. Maybe have a "sandbox" sim feature, that allows the Commish to sim games repeatedly until they find the one they want to keep, then save that to the server.

Seeing as they don't though, I can see how this system could work IF the get the servers running better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »