Home

CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

This is a discussion on CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaygodeus
So I'm able to get over the 100's of bugs that are affecting this game because for the most part the gameplay is enjoyable and when played with my full league is quite fun. But what just happened in my 32 team human controlled league takes this game from ambulance to mercy flight as it actually destroys the mode and begs the question...who tested this game!?

So here we are in regular season week 1 all excited to kick the league off when;

My Titans owner is beating my Patriots owner 21-10 in the 4th quarter when the Patriots owner gets a DC...go back to CCM and it says the Titans won the game 21-0....which is false! Stats show the Patriots score but nowhere does it reflect the 10 points the Pats have or did it even give the Pats credit in the PF standings. Just says 0.

But the real CHERRY ON THE SUNDAE came this evening when....
My Steelers owner is leading my Broncos owner 31-22 in the 4th quarter. Apparently my Steelers owner disconnects, so what happens when he goes back to the CCM main screen...it shows the Broncos won the game 22-0!!!

You have to be kidding me right!? My owner is winning the game, get's dc'ed, Madden decides whoever dc's is going to get a goose egg and a game over, all the while the commissioners have no option to undue this mess so the teams can at least play over. (A feature NCAA has might I add)

My question is, how did no one at EA or the GAMECHANGER COMMUNITY catch this!? We literally just kicked off games today and we've discovered this issue.

DC's are a part of online play, they happen, there's nothing we can do about them, but for the developers to decide to goose egg whoever dropped and give them the loss is just asinine and just leaves me wondering if these guys even know what they are doing...

In my opinion this needs to be patched YESTERDAY!!!

For someone who has ran a league for 4 years I can safely say this is probably the worst oversight I've ever seen....smh EA...smh...

- Sway (UFL Commissioner)
Probably because you really can't test it online until after release. Local server testing only I believe. The online servers aren't live until the day season ticket drops.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CCM Needs a patch immediately!! Can't believe they missed this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
first off, if you D/C in the 1st half the game doesn't count. this is a second half issue ONLY.

if you D/C in a random online ranked match you deserve a loss. however, if you D/C in an online franchise it's completely unacceptable to get a loss. it's laughable that some of you have no problem with. if you're in an online franchise, I can't wait to see what happens when you get a loss in a game that you had wrapped up. then we'll see how you feel.

I play in an online franchise with a website and with 31 legit owners. it's not a random league that I joined. people don't rage quit or do any of that nonsense of online ranked games. if you do that, you'll be thrown out.

all I'm asking for is last years online franchise D/C rules. when someone DC'd last year they would give you the option to count the game or don't count the game.
This exactly.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #67
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Even if this is by design it is a piss poor design. I do not have an issue with the game granting a loss. What I have a problem with is there is no ability to recover either by a replaying the game or allowing the commissioner to decide the result, overriding the game.

If people do not like it, then do not use it. If you cannot trust your commish you are in the wrong league.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
First off, I am telepathically flaming the OP and everyone that has posted in this thread because I already posted about this a couple days ago but NOBODY, with the exception of Spliff3000, paid any attention. I even had pictures, lol.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ted-games.html

Now excuse my why I read the context of the discussion so I can edit in something meaningful.
Sorry Big Deal didn't see your thread. I was probably blinded with so much rage after discovering EA finally found a way to destroy Online Franchise mode.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #69
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
This "it is what it is" mentality is EXACTLY what got us to where we are today with EA and their Football Products...

CLEARLY they don't test these games enough...

This game is broken... There are features that simply don't work... The fact that people don't have an issue with it blows my mind...

"its just a game"... GTFO... How would you feel if you put over 100 hours into a game like Fallout or Mass Effect, only to get to the end and have your game crash and have some kind of bug where you could never "finish" the game...?

C'mon people, STOP defending this nonsense... This is UNACCEPTABLE...
It is what it is? Well, it is. Stop defending the game? You come here screaming for change, yet you purchase this game every year and youre not part of the problem? Ok, got it.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
No!!!! EA Servers are by far the worst servers that I play on. I have Verizon Fios with 20mbps DL/20 mbps UL and I still get disconnects. Only with Madden (and NCAA) tho. Almost every game I play (COD, Assassin's Creed, etc) has an online component and I have never got DC'ed from those servers with Fios. NEVER. Yet there will be times with Madden (and NCAA) where I just can't finish a game with a person and it's not always the other person's fault. There have been several times over the years in our league that 2 people will try and try and try to finish a game but not be able to. The best part is that it's not always the same person that DC's, so it'll be one person 2 times then the next 2 tries it'll be the other person. They'll wait a few hours or so and try again and everything will work fine, like the servers were just kicking them off or something. If EA's servers were more stable and trustworthy, I would have no problem with this, but that's not the case. I shouldn't have to take a loss, especially if I was winning, because EA's servers had a hiccup and booted me. That's my problem with this whole thing.

EDIT: I have to admit that I have been booted from the servers of other games before, but it was because the server was going down or something of that nature. I've never had a problem as long a the server was fine.
I guess u don't play NBA 2k because their server's are atrocious.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #71
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Disappointing but I am still more disgusted with Accelerated clock not working on user vs user games. We won't even start our league until it is fixed, I am just hoping it is being fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Disappointing but I am still more disgusted with Accelerated clock not working on user vs user games. We won't even start our league until it is fixed, I am just hoping it is being fixed.
Danimal you have to be joking man....I don't think people understand the severity of this issue, this is a HUGE issue that effects every online franchise. It's common place for there to be 2-3 DC's per game week in Madden, EA just has crappy servers. I could play other games all day long online with no slowdown or dc's at all.

What if you were winning the Super Bowl and got DC'ed in the 4th and the game just gave the other guy the win and said have a nice day. Your league would be tarnished!

Accelerated clock over that!? We just put our games from 8 minutes to 7. Sure they are a little longer but that is a molehill compared to this mountainous bug....

- Sway

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »