Home

Tight End sim stats broken! Having a good TE is useless

This is a discussion on Tight End sim stats broken! Having a good TE is useless within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tight End sim stats broken! Having a good TE is useless

Last two posters - you guys understand the first few posters were talking about sim stats?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
In 2011, 14 Tight Ends had over 750 yards receiving.

4-- Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, and Witten-- had over 900
7-- Jimmy Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, Keller, Witten, Gonzalez, and Celek, --had over 800.

After simming a couple seasons I noticed that Tight Ends in the game arent used as weapons like they are in real life, and it really takes away the benefit of having a dominant Tight End. Unless you are playing the game yourself, there seems to be no use to signing Jimmy Graham at 97 overall, over some guy at 80.

Here are a few numbers after simming:

Only 2 Tight ends in the game had over 750 yards, with none over 1000. 81 overall Brandon Pettigrew had 975 yards, and 78 overall Delanie Walker had 834.

Only 9 Tight ends had over 550 yards (vs 18 in the NFL last year). Missing from that group were the likes of Hernandez, Gates, Gonzalez, Finley, Celek, Davis, and Keller.

Finley, Hernandez, and Gonzalez had less than 400 each, despite not missing any games.

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

This is particularly frustrating to me, and needs to be patched IMO. Based on the games sim stats, there is no bonus to have a great Tight End. They dont put up any better number than guys rated 20 overall below them. The majority of the Tight Ends fell in the 400-550 range. There is a difference between Finley, Hernandez, and Gonzalez... vs Lance Kendricks, Marcedes Lewis, Ed Dickson and Matt Spaeth. That should be reflected in the game!!!

In the game though, there is no advantage. Having a great Tight End in todays NFL is just as beneficial as having an All-PRO WR. You should be that benefit reflected in the numbers, just like you do in real life. At the very least, guys who are 90+ overall Tight Ends and All-Pro's in real life, should be having decent numbers and not 400 yards seasons.

The only thing I could think of was the schemes are broken somehow. I was the Redskins and had 60% pass. Griffin threw for 4000 yards. My 3rd string WR who was 74 overall had 300+ yards more than 88 overall tight end, Fred Davis. Fred Davis only finshed 80 yards in front of the Running Back.

---------------------------------
---------------------------------

Another example was a Colts connected career. After a couple years Jimmy Graham popped up on FA at 97 overall. Fleener was only at an 81, so I signed Graham thinking I was giving Luck the big target he needed. After going through my next season, I saw no benefit to my passing at all. My total passing yards dropped by about 100 yards, and Graham hadnt produced any better than Fleener had my first couple seasons.

Why is it that a 97 overall dominant pass catching Tight End provides no additional impact on my offense over an 81 overall young guy?

--------------------
Somehow though if I signed a 90 overall WR it does provide a significant upgrade in my total offense, and in his numbers.

Has anyone else noticed that Tight Ends arent producing the way they should based on their numbers?
I pointed this out weeks ago. Nice to see someone make an in depth post on it. I doubt it will be fixed though.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
I pointed this out weeks ago. Nice to see someone make an in depth post on it. I doubt it will be fixed though.
Probably not, but it is worth mentioning every now and then so they think about fixing it in M14. Considering they overhauled alot of the sim engine (and did a halfway decent job), this would only be one more thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
my franchise with the panthers...olsen leads the NFL in yards and by a large margin...not sure im having the problems u are having but i havent met a team who could defend him...he gets a easy 6-7 catches a game for over 100
Are you simming?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »