Home

Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

This is a discussion on Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #73
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM3R4LYF3
I think what he was saying is that if all of your receivers have the goal of one TD and one of them does get 1 TD then any receiver with that goal that player 33% of the game will get the XP from that goal. That was my understanding, I may be wrong however.
this is what i want to know has anyone confirmed this?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
can you clear this up for me i dont understand

so say my 5 wr all have the goal 1 td if i throw a td to 1 guy they all get that weekly goal?

My apologies for the confusion. It seems that weekly coaching goals are shared goals, while weekly goals for players are individual. However, many players on the same position will share very similar goals each week. The goals are generally randomized each week as well. I should have clarified it better.

I hope this answers your question.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
I think what he was saying is that if all of your receivers have the goal of one TD and one of them does get 1 TD then any receiver with that goal that player 33% of the game will get the XP from that goal. That was my understanding, I may be wrong however.

Actually, I am not sure on this at the moment. I am in process of testing it. Sorry I had a busy week and was unable to get to the forums. After some testing I will clarify this for everyone. At the moment I am going to go with the idea that each player has to complete their own weeklies, but the coach weekly may be shared with the players. I wish EA had put out a system that would summarize where we get our XP from after a game. It is very annoying to try to figure out how much XP a player earned by doing what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil
Actually, I am not sure on this at the moment. I am in process of testing it. Sorry I had a busy week and was unable to get to the forums. After some testing I will clarify this for everyone. At the moment I am going to go with the idea that each player has to complete their own weeklies, but the coach weekly may be shared with the players. I wish EA had put out a system that would summarize where we get our XP from after a game. It is very annoying to try to figure out how much XP a player earned by doing what.
I was always under the impression that the XP gained from completing coach goals was also received by the players that participated. Maybe that is what Looman meant by the 33% of snaps results in shared XP.

In any case, thanks for all your hard work on this Sigil.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
I was always under the impression that the XP gained from completing coach goals was also received by the players that participated. Maybe that is what Looman meant by the 33% of snaps results in shared XP.

In any case, thanks for all your hard work on this Sigil.
At the moment this is my assumption indeed. It is unfortunate that EA did not include a option to show what players have earned by doing what after a game, so we could have some understanding of the system. Not sure if EA is seeing this somewhat a money maker to sell guides/manual.

Meanwhile, I finished a season as Bill's and won the SB. My quarterback had 180k XP to spend after the season was over. That is a huge number. It takes about 500k to increase his Throw Power to 97 thou. Anyhow, I have raised his overall to 93 from 88 after that boost, purchasing many traits (besides the throw ball trait).

Also, I have purchased the XP boost for the QB for something around 30k XP (can't remember the exact cost). Basically with Superstar Trait and the XP boost from the package, my QB is earning straight 1000 xp per weekly accomplished. Just by doing my weeklies I earn 3k XP.

The problem I've run into is that defensive players certainly have harder time earning their weeklies/seasonal's. The solution seems to be adjusting the defensive sliders, but there has to be a sweet spot where things aren't too easy as it takes the fun factor out of the game.

Personally I am loving the XP progression system, but hating the fact that there is no clear showing of what is what, where that XP comes from etc. I doubt that it would be fixed or patched in therefore I expect it to happen with Madden 14.

Also, SEASONAL GOALS change, from season to season. My QB had 4800 passing yards seasonal which is now switched to 35+TD's for the new year. What I've also noticed is that starting the new season, I put CJ spiller as my 1st string RB, and Fred Jackson as my 2nd. The beginning of my 3rd season shows that Spiller has his seasonal goals changed, from 600 rushing yards to 1600 for the season, while Jackson's went down from 1600 to 600 for the season.

There are two things that I think affects how this change happens. Either the age of the players or the string they are in (Jackson is now 33, while Spiller is getting close to his prime years).

Anyhow, I am waiting to test couple more things, but it's sunday football day. Meanwhile please don't hesitate to share your findings
Old 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #78
Rookie

For the people who are purchasing the trait, you are technically raising the value your player's overall for their next contract, compared to people who are purchasing or saving to purchase the "trait" as their overall will be lower for their next contract.

Rookies will be up for a new contract after 4 years. So the GM's who increased their players ratings will now have to increase the amount they have to pay to keep that player at the end of their contract because their players overall is higher. However the GM's who have purchased the "trait" will keep their cost low when it comes time to re-up at new contract time, because their player's overall is lower.

So if you sign your rookie to a second contract for 6 years with the "trait", you will see a huge savings benefit, as the player's overall, will peak during the 2nd contract. Assuming if the overall of a particular player for example is 91 overall at age 28 in both scenarios, trait or not. The player who has the "trait" however will take longer to get to their overall, but will be significantly be cheaper at the age that the player would peak under both scenarios. So the GM who purchased the "trait" would come out ahead in the future as he would have more money to divvy up to current players and free agents.

Note: This is all under assumption that a player's new contract demands is under the determination of his overall, and not of his production of the last year of his first contract. I have not tested the game to see if that's the case.

If someone could test the note I listed above, then I believe that the "trait" is better value, assuming the next 3 scenarios to be true. First, and most importantly that you plan on keeping the player for the length of his playing time. Second, that you draft players at age 20 and 21 as compared to ages 22 and 24. And lastly that the players are starter's from day 1.

Last edited by Dawg1919; 09-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #79
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

Go to team goals, click on any player. You can see their weekly goals and scroll over to milestone or season goals. Positions always have the same weekly goals and the xp will vary by player, probably because of the deveopement trait and if you have coaching upgrades, the max looks to be 1000 xp per goal. Milestone goals are tiered and include career, game, and seasonal milestones. So say for a RB he the weekly rush for 72 yards, get two touchdowns, and twenty recieving yards, you meet those goals and thats where that xp came from. Say you rush for 155 and three touchdowns, you now get milestone xp for 100 yards, 150 yards, and three touchdowns. As far as practice goes each player gets a flat 100 xp. Also breaking records gives nice xp, its listed under milestones. Im not having any problem seeing where my players xp comes from.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #80
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I've been testing a little bit (Strategist coach) and here are a few things I've observed:

#1- Weekly Goals are capped at 1,000 XP per goal
#2- Season Goals XP do not change
#3- Milestone Goals do not change (not 100% they don't but I haven't noticed them change)

#4- Purchasing the Scout XP increases the 2,000 weekly SP to 3,000 SP (Online CCM)
#5- Purchasing a position XP boost gives your players a 25% increase in their weekly goals
*This did not have an impact on on Season Goals & Milestones
*It did appear to carry over from season to season

#6- Attributes do not change on their own. (Not sure about any type of regression)
#7- Overall will go up based on production rating

#8- You can only go up to FOUR for consistency trait
#9- Purchasing the Development trait increases the Weekly XP gain (as stated in this thread)

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »