Home

Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

This is a discussion on Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
Thanks for the info . So there are four levels.

Slow
Normal
Quick
Superstar

Or im I wrong ?
Yes, you are correct.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperb
Good morning gentlemen. I have an issue that you all might be able to assist me with. In my connected careers journey I am a Wide Receiver. To be extra clear, I am NOT a coach. I was on special teams for my whole rookie year and still am for that matter but now I get time as a 3rd stringer in my 3rd year. I have saved up enough for the Development Trait and have exactly Zero results. Now I have enough to go from quick to superstar but I'm not going to waste my xp anymore on something that will not produce any results. Everything costs the same and my earned xp is the same. What am I doing wrong?

Check your weekly/milestone/seasonal Goals. I do not play as a player, but only as a coach. The team goals page clearly states how much XP you will earn from your goals. If you already have quick development trait, you should see higher XP gain by accomplishing those. Accomplishing goals, even weeklies are not easy.

Just for comparison purposes here are my weeklies for Steve Johnson as 1st string WR for Bills.

1 Passing TD==>937xp (easy weekly)

6 Catches==> 937xp (Normal weekly)

98 Receiving Yards==> 937 XP (Hard weekly)

He does have Quick Development Trait inherited on first season.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
MVP

I see alot of gamers on here are getting upset because they dont see the weekly or season goals per player......I must tell you gals or ladys to explore the cc tabs and sub tabs..
Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
Rookie

I've changed my original post as well, but here is a quick update.

Rookie players do earn more XP by accomplishing their goals. The requirements for accomplishing these are also much lower in comparison.

Example, CJ Spiller vs Freddy Jackson.

Seasonal goal for CJ is to gain 600 Rushing yards which rewards him for 20k XP at level 4, while Freddy needs to get 1600 Rushing Yards (level 4) and will only gain 10k XP if accomplished. Both have normal development trait. This makes things much more complicated.

First off, my QB comparison in the OP is way off. Since Jordan Parks is a Rookie, he automatically earns More XP, even if he didn't have the superstar development trait. His weekly/seasonal/milestone goals are also way easier to accomplish.

I've run another test and post the results shortly.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone drafted a rookie yet that has superstar development?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkJesusNowitzki
3 In the same draft. It was the Parks one were he went back to school for his senior year. I drafted a DE that his storyline had him as a DT then they converted him to a 3-4 DE got him in the 3rd round ended up having superstar development. Drafted with the first pick in the draft a SS that boosted his draft stock by having a goal line INT during his season, he had Superstar development, Then I drafted a RB from LSU in the 7th round with superstar development.. He was 6 '3' his speed was 80 but he had 98 trucking and a 96 stiff arm.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkJesusNowitzki

Jordan Parks is same in my game too. Drafted him as first round first pick, and he inherited Superstar trait from the get go. It is obvious that if stories are followed, a successful story line will get your player the Superstar Trait.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah about 2 minutes after posting that, I scouted a 3rd round LG who was a stud, had B ratings across the board and Star development. I tried to wait until my 2nd pick to grab him, gone

Is each CC different? Like, if I start a new one, will the drafts be different? I hope so because one the online leagues start I don't want to see draft cheat sheets where everyone already knows everything about all the rookies without having to scout them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »