Home

Draft Day Trade Help

This is a discussion on Draft Day Trade Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Draft Day Trade Help

I may be missing something obvious, but I've got the 1st pick overall and I'm on the clock. I can't seem to find any way to trade a draft pick from inside the draft, and the trade players option is locked under the personal section.

I just want to trade out of the 1st pick for a 5-10 pick. Anyone know if I'm missing something? Or is this a mistake in the game that was overlooked?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Draft Day Trade Help

scroll down 2 or 3 options on your pick and you should see an option for trade down offers
Old 09-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Only options Are:

- Make Your Pick
- Advance Draft
- Pause Draft

I've scrolled through the options when the draft clock is running as well as when it's paused, neither gave me an option to trade down. Advance Pick didn't have anything useful either.

I tried Using "R1" several times to move over a few picks then scrolling down but the option to trade down still isn't there.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhodgson89
Only options Are:

- Make Your Pick
- Advance Draft
- Pause Draft

I've scrolled through the options when the draft clock is running as well as when it's paused, neither gave me an option to trade down. Advance Pick didn't have anything useful either.

I tried Using "R1" several times to move over a few picks then scrolling down but the option to trade down still isn't there.

No one is interested in trading up for the 1st overall pick .
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Rookie

So basically there's absolutely no way to trade down? I can't make an offer of the #1 pick for the #32 pick if I wanted? Allowing someone to move up 31 spots for nothing? Seems like something was completely overlooked here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

If no one is interested, no one is going to offer a trade. Its pretty random.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Yeah if a team doesnt want to trade up then you are screwed. The way I found around this is that if I know that I'm not high on any first rounders so I'm going to want to trade down, I make my trades before the draft starts.

So before you hit 'start NFL Draft' just go to the personnel menu like normal and make your trades.

I also noticed that trading in the draft is significantly harder.
--------------------------------------------

For example, I was trying to move up to the 1st pick in a draft from the mid-20's. I offered my first in 2013, as well as two 1st that I had from 2014. The declined.

I then restarted just to test some stuff out and tried to trade Greg Jennings and two 1sts, declined again.

So then I decided to go see if I could trade before I started the draft, that way I got more than one shot each time.

Outside of the draft, they traded me the #1 pick for Greg Jennings, a third, and a fourth. Meanwhile inside the draft they wouldnt trade me that pick for Greg Jennings and two 1sts.

So my suggestion is to make the trade you want to make, before you do your draft.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

It wasn't overlooked. It was left out intentionally. If there are no teams that have a glaring need or really really want the player projected to go first they won't trade up to get it. They are more willing often to trade down then to trade up. In the past madden has allowed too much draft trading imo and this one gets it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »