Home

Online Lag is terrible

This is a discussion on Online Lag is terrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Online Lag is terrible

All the xbox's have 100 mb ethernet correct? I have an xbox pro with hdmi. Not sure how old it is. It's probably 2 or 3 years old.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I suspect it is the servers getting hammered. It has been laggy for me as well and I am direct into modem with high speed internet.

The worst is "desync". Have you had that happen? I have twice. ruined 2 great games.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
Banned

I wish EA would at least address these issues like we are aware and are working to correct it. A lot of people who buy these games buy them for online matches. If my tv is lagging usually the cable company is all over it. why is EA any different?

So I'm here bought this game and can't play online..

Last edited by celtics6; 09-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #20
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I wish EA would at least address these issues like we are aware and are working to correct it. A lot of people who buy these games buy them for online matches. If my tv is lagging usually the cable company is all over it. why is EA any different?

So I'm here bought this game and can't play online..
Online play was never and will never be like playing offline. There will always be some kind of lag. I know it's easy to blame EA, but have you ever contacted Charter and made sure your **** is up to date. If you're consistently getting lag, it may be you.

I've had lag, but maybe a handful of games. Yes, it sucks, but it's something you have to deal with when playing online. There are many, many variables that have to be compensated for.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
Banned

I disagree. Everything is digital now. It's streaming data regardless.

They've designed the game to be completely online integrated.

If NBC is having technical difficulties do they sit on their ***? No. lol. Thing is I didn't pay for NBC, I paid to play madden online.

Shouldn't EA's servers be set up to handle the capacity of people that is online? They bought the nfl license so they could have the rights to do this. They should have the resources to do it.

EA's response. "If you don't like it don't play it"..

There shouldn't be any lag unless I'm playing some guy with dialup which isn't what is happening.

EA's servers are overloaded and not routing correctly. Hopefully after a few months it will be better but it shouldn't be that way. I'm here just crossing my fingers that is the case.

Last edited by celtics6; 09-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is EA servers. This is wide-spread across any game they put out because EA doesn't have their own servers, they have contracts with other internet service company's. So the routing to these servers is different for everyone, depending on location.

At least with NHL12 (13) you could test your connection before the game started to make sure it's not choppy as sh*t.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
Banned

I've entered 5 games so far. Backed out of them quickly because it was so bad. 3 of the 2 were nice enough to give me a friendly quit. The last game I stayed in for 5 minutes and it didn't get any better. It's like quick sand its so slow and it chops and is missing frames everywhere. It's consistantly horrible.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
I've entered 5 games so far. Backed out of them quickly because it was so bad. 3 of the 2 were nice enough to give me a friendly quit. The last game I stayed in for 5 minutes and it didn't get any better. It's like quick sand its so slow and it chops and is missing frames everywhere. It's consistantly horrible.
Well I hadn't purchased a madden game in many years, but all I can say is hopefully there is some improvement to the online hosting in the next few weeks or this game will get old, fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »