Home

CC Progression of Bench/Backup Players

This is a discussion on CC Progression of Bench/Backup Players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
CC Progression of Bench/Backup Players

Is there anything we can do or any kind of workarounds to get our benched/backup players some playing time (other than preseason) so they can get some progression?

As far as I can recall the "Practice" option only gives coach progression points?

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CC Progression of Bench/Backup Players

There are team-wide goals within your players' goals that will get them XP without them playing. For example, I play as the Saints and want to develop my rookie DT Akiem Hicks, who is horribly rated so gets no real playing time; however, he has milestones like "0 Rushing TD's" and "100 Yards Rushing or Under" that my defense as a whole can achieve and get him points. I plan on upping his development as soon as I can so he can get more and then eventually get playing time.

The more I look into the XP system, the more I like it. Hopefully the patch will include the online updates into offline mode so I would no longer have to worry about disconnects.

Last edited by StumpyJones; 09-04-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Only some positions have team based goals. Wide receivers, QB's, HB's all have individual goals that are unnattainable even if they did start for their rating. 3500 yards for a 70 overall QB? I mean, geez I'm gonna have to play on rookie to get that much less for a backup that doesn't see the game.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Or the '1700 Rushing Yards" from a RB that is decent at best and has only barely broken 1000 once lol
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
Only some positions have team based goals. Wide receivers, QB's, HB's all have individual goals that are unnattainable even if they did start for their rating. 3500 yards for a 70 overall QB? I mean, geez I'm gonna have to play on rookie to get that much less for a backup that doesn't see the game.

This may seem the issue, but those are personal goals that will stay the same THROUGHOUT your development. You do not have to accomplish this on your first year. However, if you look at your seasonal goals, you will notice that it has 4 levels of XP reward system, which initially will gain you XP at the end of the season, one way or another. I would not expect any real life QB to be accomplish 3500 passing yards on their first season, unless they are exceptionally good quality players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer joe
Or the '1700 Rushing Yards" from a RB that is decent at best and has only barely broken 1000 once lol
What you are failing to mention is that these are the max goals. There are many other lower levels of goals that grant xp.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer joe
Again, this stays the same, no matter what. Early on you may not have the stats to accomplish this, but once you hit your prime, you will have a higher chance doing this. Check your seasonal goals, as they give you different amounts of XP according to what you accomplish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »