Home

What Happened?

This is a discussion on What Happened? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
i think they go hand in hand.. you create one and the other follows.
What does a successful league gaming site have in common with a single user offline franchise? Wouldn't some of the requirements be different? Wouldn't an offline franchise miss certain features that wouldn't be applicable in an online league and visa verse?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #178
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
No offense to you, but this is exactly why many people are upset. You already love Madden. However, other folks look to guys like you as their only vehicle to get through to the developers at Tiburon. If you already like the game in this state that it's in, it's going to frustrate them, because it tells them that things are not going to change. That's not going to make people happy.
I don't agree with this. If I could, I'd like to use a phrase that you yourself commonly use in order to describe the idea that people who enjoy Madden don't want to see it improve: "Complete and utter BS!"

I enjoyed M12 and also think that M13 has potential to be an enjoyable game. Does that mean that I don't see where Madden would benefit from advances in player movement? That I don't want to see innovation in AI? That I don't want to see the day where a dominant four-man rush can be effectively replicated in Madden?

I want to see all of those things come to fruition despite finding ways to enjoy what's before me.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #179
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
To me its seems like you guys are really just a marketing ploy. Its nothing for anyone to be angry at you guys about, but EA ask you guys to come along to assist, but then its you can't do this or say that, and when you state what needs fixing it doesn't for the most part.

Like I said before whats the point of being a CG when the reality is you guys really have very little impact on the game.

Am I wrong for seeing it this way? I feel for you guys because in the end it really has nothing to do with GC's. It's all EA.

I never complained about a GC I know it has nothing to do with them, because I know if I accepted a postion as a game changer it really wouldn't be any different. I would have to follow the rules like all the rest.

I cant see myself being a CG becuase Im one of those that could care less about perks. I want resutls and I have to be honest.

They would dismiss me so fast lol.
I know you think it's all fun and perks, but seriously for someone like me it becomes a sacrifice of love. I have to leave my family, leave my wife with a 6 and 8 year old. Each time it's for at least 5 days. This year I went to 5 total events.. last year the same.

I have to sacrifice almost all of my PTO from my normal job.. i don't get to go on many "real" vacations lately because i don't have the time off from work because i go to these events. It creates a lot of stress around the house and without a lovely, understanding wife.. it would be impossible.

This is a hobby for me.. i don't make money from this.. i actually spend money supporting myself and ancillaries on these trips. EA takes care of airfare, meals and hotel... if you have ever traveled, you know it takes more than that.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #180
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
I know you think it's all fun and perks, but seriously for someone like me it becomes a sacrifice of love. I have to leave my family, leave my wife with a 6 and 8 year old. Each time it's for at least 5 days. This year I went to 5 total events.. last year the same.

I have to sacrifice almost all of my PTO from my normal job.. i don't get to go on many "real" vacations lately because i don't have the time off from work because i go to these events. It creates a lot of stress around the house and without a lovely, understanding wife.. it would be impossible.

This is a hobby for me.. i don't make money from this.. i actually spend money supporting myself and ancillaries on these trips. EA takes care of airfare, meals and hotel... if you have ever traveled, you know it takes more than that.
I can attest to this, you do come out of pocket on it more so than you would think. Plus it does take vacation time away from work
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #181
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
the tweet i made was during spring.. we had not played or touched either CCM or IE .. only been shown the concepts and what to expect. I didn't play a retail version of the game until one week before season ticket.. and I spent that whole filling requests here for the most part.. (the thread had over 100,000 views)

We point out every bug we see, we tell them what we feel about new feature sets and what they should add or remove. It's our opinions.. whether they implement it or not is not really in our control. And remember we are under strict NDA for most of the time.. so it's difficult to communicate specifics and we have to walk a fine line sometimes.
Ah, you fell into their trap. So they basically told you what they are planning on putting into their game, and I know it's exciting. But when I was told what was going to be put into the game CCM and IE, the first thing that came to my mind was, how well is this going to be implemented? There is a HUGE difference of what EA says will be in the game and how well it's implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I don't agree with this. If I could, I'd like to use a phrase that you yourself commonly use in order to describe the idea that people who enjoy Madden don't want to see it improve: "Complete and utter BS!"

I enjoyed M12 and also think that M13 has potential to be an enjoyable game. Does that mean that I don't see where Madden would benefit from advances in player movement? That I don't want to see innovation in AI? That I don't want to see the day where a dominant four-man rush can be effectively replicated in Madden?

I want to see all of those things come to fruition despite finding ways to enjoy what's before me.
Actually, we do agree here Russ And the way I am phrasing this is an attempt to describe why he might be seeing some angst thrown his way... What I wrote IS why many people get angry. They have a fear that the guy likes the game the way it is so he won't push hard for the changes to be made to make it realistic. When all we get to hear is how great everything is, that impression is the one people get. You personally may not feel that way, and I have to be honest, in the last month you've been pretty hard on EA football (which is good), but the impression people get from some other guys is that they love it. Not to pick on Ryno (and don't take it personally, just using this as an example) - he was really excited about the physics engine so he used words like Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Well, the physics engine needs a LOT of work. It's not bad for a first try though, but in reality, it's not all that good right now. The impression that people get is that he liked it thought it was fantastic. Even though behind the scenes, he may have been shaking his head at the retail. No one else knows that though, because all they got was rainbows and unicorns.

Understand what I am saying?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #183
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Ah, you fell into their trap. So they basically told you what they are planning on putting into their game, and I know it's exciting. But when I was told what was going to be put into the game CCM and IE, the first thing that came to my mind was, how well is this going to be implemented? There is a HUGE difference of what EA says will be in the game and how well it's implemented.
There are some aspects poorly implemented, but the core idea is there and it's something i really believe in. I think going forward you will see this mode refined and expanded on. It's got a lot of potential.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 09-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #184
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
The most hilarious part about the movie analogy is going through the continuity errors on IMDB. Awesome QA.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »