Home

Another reason we need player editing.

This is a discussion on Another reason we need player editing. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Another reason we need player editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808
I'm with you brother.

I've signed T.O. and it pains me to see him as #10 when #81 is open.

Also, I like to put my rookie/unproven WR's through the 'initiation' process, having them go from 10-19 numbers then once proven, move them to an 80-89 number.. Just another little thing I like to do in my franchise, Lol.
You got that right. I wanted to sign T.O. to the Dolphins to have a veteran WR to mentor my young core of receivers. I realized there would be no way to make T.O. be #81 so I just said hell with it and re-signed Chad Johnson.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
You got that right. I wanted to sign T.O. to the Dolphins to have a veteran WR to mentor my young core of receivers. I realized there would be no way to make T.O. be #81 so I just said hell with it and re-signed Chad Johnson.
That maybe the most ridiculous reason not to sign a player. I wish we could change players positions.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
That maybe the most ridiculous reason not to sign a player. I wish we could change players positions.
Well I actually decided not to go with TO once I realized he was 38 and he is pretty much an auto retire after 1 year. The number contributed as well though. OchoCinco has always been one of my favorite receivers and i'll get more years out of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
Banned

xTeXaNsX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
I wish we could change players positions.
Yes it is needed badly. I've tried to make my opponents' depth charts as realistic as possible while I progress through year 1 of CCM. First two weeks of the season I couldn't even give the Jags & Dolphins the right starters since the out-of-game depth chart won't let O-tackles play guard. Was impossible to start Eben Britton or Artis Hicks (was before IR) at their spot.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejfalcon9
just a random little thing: whilst I'm completely with you on the need for editing (personally I just need numbers, if I can edit those for every player in CCM, I'm happy with the game) but if you'd have signed any random free agent whose jersey number is 10 and then signed T.O after that, he'd have reverted to 81. Dunno if it was a random occurrence but when messing around with CCM, I had a #10 when signing T.O and he was given 81. Then just release the guy wearing #10 afterwards.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
Rookie

JEvans14's Arena

I have bad OCD about the players numbers, so this bothers me.

I just traded for Larry Fitzgerald in my CCM and he's wearing #80. My team doesn't have a #11......
Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #15
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

ok so I cut Edwin Baker (Chargers 7th round draft pick, who had his correct #). I later re-signed him and he came in as #21...HA ya right, not in SD buddy. Why couldn't he just have the original number he had when he started on my team to begin with?

PS4:
MLB The Show 20
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 20
NHL 21

PC:
Escape from Tarkov
Madden 21
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Rogue Company
Among Us

https://www.twitch.tv/myk13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
MVP

Ejfalcon9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
ok so I cut Edwin Baker (Chargers 7th round draft pick, who had his correct #). I later re-signed him and he came in as #21...HA ya right, not in SD buddy. Why couldn't he just have the original number he had when he started on my team to begin with?
That's another one of my fears man. I was testing to see what vets return to the game by simming through a year and saw Kurt Warner return to the Dolphins with #13....HA! Even a vet can't take another vets number. Kinda like the Lakers signing Steve Nash. The man is a legend ,but i'm sure he said no way he was going to take Wilt's #13 in L.A.

I know in my CCM modes i'm going to cringe whenever I see things like a #34 in Chicago, a #52 on the Ravens, a #7 in Denver or a #4 in Green Bay.

My only hope is a saw someone make the comment that the first Madden Ultimate team (I think it was in Madden 10 it was introduced) was actually brought in VIA a patch and wan't on the disc to begin with so in a sense EA could possibly give us player editing in CCM through a patch. I know in NBA 2k12 ,2k restricted the ability to trade legends to current teams ,but that was made possible through the Legends Showcase DLC. As greedy of EA as that would be, I would gladly pay for a DLC just to be able to edit players positions, numbers, and accesories.

If anything I just wish they would shed some light on why a feature that has pretty much been a given in Madden for years was left out this year for the so called "Greatest Madden to Date".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »