Home

Draft Scouting Strategy

This is a discussion on Draft Scouting Strategy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #49
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Draft Scouting Strategy

The development thing confuses me a little though. If applying XP is what develops them then why is there trait? Is there some development that takes place besides through XP?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #50
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Bailey24
The development thing confuses me a little though. If applying XP is what develops them then why is there trait? Is there some development that takes place besides through XP?
I'm fairly certain Development decides how many points the player gains. A player with normal development might gain 500 XP from a game in which he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD, but a player with superstar development might earn 800XP for the same performance.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #51
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I'm fairly certain Development decides how many points the player gains. A player with normal development might gain 500 XP from a game in which he threw for 200 yards and 1 TD, but a player with superstar development might earn 800XP for the same performance.
This is my understanding as well. I also get the impression that a player will gain more XP if his playing style matches your scheme. I haven't run any tests, but it does make sense and rewards you for building your team correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #52
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

OVR: 1

Just wanting to know if im going crazy but wasn't awareness scounting 25? it's 100 now and I don't know if I got a hold of some bad grass or if they did a switch-a-roo on us.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chzblck
Just wanting to know if im going crazy but wasn't awareness scounting 25? it's 100 now and I don't know if I got a hold of some bad grass or if they did a switch-a-roo on us.

WTF! they got to switch this around right before my draft????

Also I did the XP upgrade for expert scouting...only increased it from 2K per week to 3K per week thought people said it doubles your scouting pts?
Old 09-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I tend not to scout scheme. The reason being i can scout attributes and usually tell the type of player that the guys is.

For ex. I run a 4-3 defense so no matter what if i scout an olb that has a B in zone coverage and a B in tackling im taking him no matter what scheme he played in.

Also is the scheme thats being scouted the scheme he would fit in or the scheme he played in college?

Another thing i noticed is that looking at height and weight give you info before you even scout.

For ex WRs who are say 6'3-6'5 and over 225lbs tend to red zone threat player tyPes 90% of the time. Some thing goes for olbs that weigh over 260 they are 34 olbs
I tend to do the opposite. I scout scheme first because its cheap and it gives a good picture of where the players specific ratings stand wo/having to scout them. once i find a player that fits my scheme and has a decent injury rating i'll drill down on specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
WTF! they got to switch this around right before my draft????

Also I did the XP upgrade for expert scouting...only increased it from 2K per week to 3K per week thought people said it doubles your scouting pts?
Offline it doubles from 1k to 2k. I haven't gained enough xp in my online ccm to upgrade.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chzblck
I also noticed this last night so I think you are right, it was definitely 25 I had already luckily done the first 6 rounds of players.
Now I have to scout the 7th round at the steep rates of 100 per awareness?Might not be worth it, might just focus on uncovering other stats of the first 6 round guys.
though it makes sense for it to be 100 since it was one of the most valuable pieces of information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm gonna try waiting until later to scout. I had a CB scouted this guy was fast and his coverage was amazing. He was projected 1st round 18th pick. Thought I had a gem but he ended up going to #2 lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »