Home

Player Progression and scouting points

This is a discussion on Player Progression and scouting points within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Progression and scouting points

How often do you guys progress your players? I have been trying to progress players every week, however I have noticed that there are so many catagories that maybe it would be best to lay off for a few weeks. Should I only progress the ones that really need it?

Also how many weeks should I use my scouting points. Should I let them accumulate so that I can unlock a bunch of catagories for certain players? Does anyone scout prospects every week, or do you wait a few weeks to do so? Any suggestions you can give me would be appriciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Player Progression and scouting points

I believe the scouting points do not accumulate and are static from week to week but I could be wrong.

This thread should is very informative with regard to scouting: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-strategy.html
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

For me, I'm Miami... so I've got some weak guys in postions that I need to be strong, for example, my OL. So, I'm doing all I can to boost my OL's pass blocking and run blocking whenever I get the chance to. Weekly if possible.

Other positions, it depends. It really depends on what you want to do with the player. Like I said, I have some young, inexperienced OL guys, like the RT Johnathan Martin for example. I'm getting killed from the right side, running or passing, so obviously I've got to boost his blocking ratings, and thats what I do whenever I get the chance.

A guy like my QB, Ryan Tannehill.. also a rookie has good throwing numbers really. Short and medium accuracy are pretty good, deep needs a bit of work, but I don't throw deep much anyways. So, I make it a point to try and throw as many TD passes as I can so I can get more XP for him, but when I do, I'll throw some into his passing stats as it piles up, but Im saving up to really increase his development trait. That way I'll earn even more XP for him. He's clearly going to be my QB of the future, so I want to increase his development speed so I can get him much better, much quicker.

You really need to take a look at your guys at your key positions, identify your scheme, and the players strengths and weakensses and then upgrade from there. Of course, in some cases, it may be better to save up for traits. It depends on how you want to build you team, and your players at each position.

Scouting... I started scouting weekly, but I realized there's not enough points. You CAN bank up your scouting points and let them accumulate and use them later. That's what I've been doing now. Again, to me, Ive been treating scouting much like progression. Identify the attributes of a player, that are important to me, and my scheme, and then those are the area's I'll scout a player at, and determine whether I should draft him or not.

Hope that helps?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks Brandon and Brian. It does help. I am playing with the Browns so there's a lot to upgrade, but I have been trying to upgrade Josh Gordon and turn him into a number 1 wide receiver. Then I noticed there are other categories that I could upgrade that cost more XP then what I have to spend on him so maybe I will let the points add up before I upgrade him.

Same thing with the draft scouting. I like to look at a few different players at a time. Samething goes for when I recruit in NCAA football. So maybe I will bank those points too.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the best way to progress and the way the CPU seems to do it is by focusing on the attributes that matter for each position. With my Jets I want Mark Sanchez to be as good as possible at short passes as that's how I use him and that's his game. For my safetys in the NY Jets system I want to make sure they are good at run support and high awareness/play recognition. I pretty much try to build their strengths as strong as possible and ignore their weaknesses. Stats like Injury and Stamina I totally ignore doesn't matter much to me.

My thread has some good insight I ran some tests and it shows you how the CPU progresses players not perfect but they do a better job than I expected. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...doing-ccm.html
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »