Home

Career mode Q; How to move up depth chart and get more playing time (low-draft pick)

This is a discussion on Career mode Q; How to move up depth chart and get more playing time (low-draft pick) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Career mode Q; How to move up depth chart and get more playing time (low-draft pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideliasirwin
I came in as an undrafted QB and grinded as seattles backup qb for a year. At the end of the year I was no closer to starting. The first week of offseason I demanded to be released. I got offers from about 12 teams. Before signing with a team, I checked the roster page to see where I would fit on each of the teams. I signed with Denver and was the starter immediately. I liked grinding my first year because I felt like I earned the opportunity to start, and the practices provided a safety net for me to learn the feel of the new game. If you can make it through your first season, demnd a release and sign somewhere that you will get playing time.
That's a good idea, I'll try that when I play a QB. Seems like you would have more control over the practices and win the 1,000 points more often than not. Did you do the "normal" full game practices every time? I assume you would need to win most of the practices to get the points needed to build your guy up to decent OVR to get a starting job in year 2?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode Q; How to move up depth chart and get more playing time (low-draft pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty1
That's a good idea, I'll try that when I play a QB. Seems like you would have more control over the practices and win the 1,000 points more often than not. Did you do the "normal" full game practices every time? I assume you would need to win most of the practices to get the points needed to build your guy up to decent OVR to get a starting job in year 2?
I did the "easy win" practice everytime for 1800 xp. At the begining of the season I was 74, by the end of the season I was 77. Peyton had retired, so Denver's backup was set to start. He was only 72, so I figured I would probably be in the mix for the job. You should definitely pay attention to how you fit into a teams scheme before you sign with them because if you don't fit well you might not be as rated as high to them as you expect.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Also make sure you fit the scheme for the team you decide to join. If you doesn't you'll have a lower overall and you'll have to grind longer...

When upgrading your attribute go with attributes which makes your overall rating higher. Use the Connected Careers Manual when in doubt which skill is valued for your scheme: http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resourc...eersManual.pdf (starting page 11)
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Also make sure you fit the scheme for the team you decide to join. If you doesn't you'll have a lower overall and you'll have to grind longer...

When upgrading your attribute go with attributes which makes your overall rating higher. Use the Connected Careers Manual when in doubt which skill is valued for your scheme: http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resourc...eersManual.pdf (starting page 11)
Great link, this mode just got a lot better
Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier

When you are offered a contract as a free agent you are shown what the team's scheme is, what your rating will be within the new team, and how well you fit within that scheme(good, bad, etc.) You should definitely look at their roster before you commit and see what your rating is compared to others at their position.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I did the "easy win" practice everytime for 1800 xp. At the begining of the season I was 74, by the end of the season I was 77. Peyton had retired, so Denver's backup was set to start. He was only 72, so I figured I would probably be in the mix for the job. You should definitely pay attention to how you fit into a teams scheme before you sign with them because if you don't fit well you might not be as rated as high to them as you expect.

I'm confused, you did the easy win practice every time and accumulated a total of 1800xp for the year? Or you got 1800xp each time you completed the practice?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I came in as an undrafted QB and grinded as seattles backup qb for a year. At the end of the year I was no closer to starting. The first week of offseason I demanded to be released. I got offers from about 12 teams. Before signing with a team, I checked the roster page to see where I would fit on each of the teams. I signed with Denver and was the starter immediately. I liked grinding my first year because I felt like I earned the opportunity to start, and the practices provided a safety net for me to learn the feel of the new game. If you can make it through your first season, demnd a release and sign somewhere that you will get playing time.
I agree !!! I grinded out practice two years and came in as a high draft pick, learned the game, demanded a trade and ended up with the Dolphins under my Scheme , ended up being a great choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieDJC
I'm confused, you did the easy win practice every time and accumulated a total of 1800xp for the year? Or you got 1800xp each time you completed the practice?
1800 xp per practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »