Home

To many stars on Free Agency? Unrealistic/Broken

This is a discussion on To many stars on Free Agency? Unrealistic/Broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
To many stars on Free Agency? Unrealistic/Broken

So far in playing through my CCM it seems that everyone's stars are just let go to FA. It is a little ridiculous. Especially at the end of their rookie contracts.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryius (sp?) Thomas, Jimmy Graham, David Decastro, Tyron Smith, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, etc.

They are all on FA at 88+ overall in their early-mid 20's. In fact Tyron Smith from the Cowboys was on there at 93 overall at 24 y/o. There is no way all these guys would just walk in reality. I didnt even touch on the defensive side, that was just off the top of my head on offense.

It seems as soon as a rookie contract runs out, they show up on FA. As a result it takes no time to rebuild, and makes the FA so cluttered that some big-name vets, and solid young players go unsigned.

Players like Jonathan Baldwin at WR, Doug Martin at RB, the Dolphins Pouncey, are all on FA around 82-85 overall, from 24-26 y/o and get next to no offers. I got Baldwin at 84 overall for 1.5 million, his minimum range, because I was the only team to even offer.

This has lead to players like Brent Grimes at 90 overall (29 y/o), Corey Webster 88 overall (32 y/o), etc all going unsigned or unoffered.

Also seems like player styles/roles play too much of a part in contract prices. I'm a diehard Bucs fan, but its ridiculous that Blount is supposedly a 4.5-5 million dollar a year player at 81 overall, meanwhile I can go sign McFadden at 91 for the same price or less.

Then you have guys like James Laurinitis (sp?) who cost nothing to sign, despite being 86+ in every scheme. I signed him to the Redskins at 88 overall, for 1.78 million dollars. That is just silly.

Then I have Colt McCoy as a backup and he was 3.25 million base salary at 75 overall. So Colt McCoy gets double the contract that Laurinitis gets? I know they are different positions, but JL is a stud, and McCoy sucks. It's not remotely realistic. In fact backup QB's in general have insanely inflated salaries in the game.
----------------------------------------

Has anyone else noticed this/ encountered these problems?

Last edited by Gatorfan89; 09-05-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Pro

Re: To many stars on Free Agency? Unrealistic/Broken

The AI logic for resigning is broken is not like MD12 where the CPU kept their best players no matter what scheme.
Update . Currently Romo is with the Vikins for a 2 yr worth 24.5 mil oooch...I saw the Texans Qb Schaub win the SB then doesn't get resigned hits FA pool to be picked up guess by whomm... The Miami Dolphins...4yr 41.2 million....lol its krazy some of the things the happens after you pass the first year in CCM... BTW how was EA able to hide Jonathan Vilma who after one season appers out off suspension... You can see the Twitter feed post something like this " How can you not want Vilma, He was a winner in Miami... be happy to have him back.
I had to let Cam go bruh the salary cap is a pain this year...for some reason the CPU think cams a poor fit for the Panthers....

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 09-05-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
So far in playing through my CCM it seems that everyone's stars are just let go to FA. It is a little ridiculous. Especially at the end of their rookie contracts.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demaryius (sp?) Thomas, Jimmy Graham, David Decastro, Tyron Smith, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, etc.

They are all on FA at 88+ overall in their early-mid 20's. In fact Tyron Smith from the Cowboys was on there at 93 overall at 24 y/o. There is no way all these guys would just walk in reality. I didnt even touch on the defensive side, that was just off the top of my head on offense.

It seems as soon as a rookie contract runs out, they show up on FA. As a result it takes no time to rebuild, and makes the FA so cluttered that some big-name vets, and solid young players go unsigned.

Players like Jonathan Baldwin at WR, Doug Martin at RB, the Dolphins Pouncey, are all on FA around 82-85 overall, from 24-26 y/o and get next to no offers. I got Baldwin at 84 overall for 1.5 million, his minimum range, because I was the only team to even offer.

This has lead to players like Brent Grimes at 90 overall (29 y/o), Corey Webster 88 overall (32 y/o), etc all going unsigned or unoffered.

Also seems like player styles/roles play too much of a part in contract prices. I'm a diehard Bucs fan, but its ridiculous that Blount is supposedly a 4.5-5 million dollar a year player at 81 overall, meanwhile I can go sign McFadden at 91 for the same price or less.

Then you have guys like James Laurinitis (sp?) who cost nothing to sign, despite being 86+ in every scheme. I signed him to the Redskins at 88 overall, for 1.78 million dollars. That is just silly.

Then I have Colt McCoy as a backup and he was 3.25 million base salary at 75 overall. So Colt McCoy gets double the contract that Laurinitis gets? I know they are different positions, but JL is a stud, and McCoy sucks. It's not remotely realistic. In fact backup QB's in general have insanely inflated salaries in the game.
----------------------------------------

Has anyone else noticed this/ encountered these problems?
in my ccm unless you put out a giant contract they would just resign wit there teams unless they were that bad of a team
Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lon515
in my ccm unless you put out a giant contract they would just resign wit there teams unless they were that bad of a team
Not in mine. Most of them have changed teams. Schaub is on the Browns, Ryan is on the Vikings. McFadden is on the 49ers. Green is on my team. Jones is on the Browns. Graham is on the Colts. Jones did return to the Cowboys so there is one. Laurinitis went to my team for pennies, and I was his only offer. Same for Baldwin.

Almost all of them change teams.

The there are guys like Casey Hampton, Castillo, Webster, Keisel, Grimes, etc who dont even get signed and are on FA once preseason starts.

This doesnt even include that fact that half way through my second season the Saints cut Colston (WTF?) and the Dolphins traded for Aaron Hernandez when he was put on trade block, and then cut him 4 weeks later at the end of the preseason.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Not in mine. Most of them have changed teams. Schaub is on the Browns, Ryan is on the Vikings. McFadden is on the 49ers. Green is on my team. Jones is on the Browns. Graham is on the Colts. Jones did return to the Cowboys so there is one. Laurinitis went to my team for pennies, and I was his only offer. Same for Baldwin.

Almost all of them change teams.

The there are guys like Casey Hampton, Castillo, Webster, Keisel, Grimes, etc who dont even get signed and are on FA once preseason starts.

This doesnt even include that fact that half way through my second season the Saints cut Colston (WTF?) and the Dolphins traded for Aaron Hernandez when he was put on trade block, and then cut him 4 weeks later at the end of the preseason.
I really wish they would go back and analyze all of these legacy features and tighten them up. Whats the point of building an entire brand new franchise mode, introducing all these advanced things like a player progress XP system when there is so much of the fundamentals lacking. Assisted tackles, sim stats, CPU playcalling, Pass/Run ratios and FA Logic all junk and never touched. Seems it would take less resources for the dev team to work on this stuff over adding new features. The new features are quite innovative and well done its just they are dragged down when you have these problems still and it ruins the entire package. It's always 1 year away from being solid that year never seems to come.

Meanwhile we have 50 page threads on here where peoples biggest issue is the ability to edit play equipment in CCM.... of course im sure that will make it in the patch and this stuff I just listed will remain unexamined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
So basically, CPU progression, and CPU FA logic is totally garbage.

Those might be TE 2 most important things in a franchise/CCM mode.

Honestly, what is left to say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »