Home

How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

This is a discussion on How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
No they don't play right. Go ahead and try it. The CPU offense is pathetic no matter what sliders you use.
That's because you use the sliders posted on this forum. They're intended to make you suck it seems. And most of them are All-Madden which makes the AI ****.

Just use default All-Pro and then turn INTs down to 26-32, CPU run block to 55 and Human Run Block to 40.

Basically every game is about even in TOP. Most teams I play get 80-120 rushing yards and 250-300 pass yards.

You just play on **** difficulty because it's "pro".

Last edited by Obnoxious; 09-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #18
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

So after another game playing these, I'd say they're 9/10 on coach mode. I let the CPU pass the ball while I ran and picked plays. Was better than I expected. I chose the Seahawks and played against the 49ers.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Hey OP, have you actually tried putting an overly under rated player on the OL to see how they block with these settings? It seems that would be a good way to confirm the ratings are in fact 1:1 wouldn't it?
Yeah I created a LT with ratings of 5 for blocking and watched Jared Allen destroy him time and time again. Then I subbed in a created RE with defensive ratings of 5 and watched him battle it out with the LT. They seemed perfectly even.

Edit: I wanted to post a video but I don't have the necessary equipment. If you want to see how it works create players like I mentioned above and give it a try in practice mode.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 09-05-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Shame that these sliders won't work in CCM.

While I'm having the best experience on the field I've had in the past few years, with a minor semblance of a challenge, and no weak "cheat" logic, the CPU still can't run the ball on me for jack crap, and I can probably rack up nearly 10 yards a carry with any of my running backs.

I mean, I do understand that I'm the 49ers, we have a great run defense, and between Gore, Hunter and now Jacobs and James, we have a good run game, it seems a bit much.

The challenge typically comes from when I start passing the ball, the CPU just gets way too many interceptions, getting about 3-5 a game.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Where this idea is flawed is that it doesn't account for player skill. If I am a madden prodigy and I want to use Rex Grossman for some reason, I can throw for 500+ yards against the #1 defense.

Which would mean Grossman is playing above his ratings...doesnt' matter what they are.

Thats why sliders are there, to balance it out for each person's skill level

The game plays differently for EVERYONE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Shame that these sliders won't work in CCM.

While I'm having the best experience on the field I've had in the past few years, with a minor semblance of a challenge, and no weak "cheat" logic, the CPU still can't run the ball on me for jack crap, and I can probably rack up nearly 10 yards a carry with any of my running backs.

I mean, I do understand that I'm the 49ers, we have a great run defense, and between Gore, Hunter and now Jacobs and James, we have a good run game, it seems a bit much.

The challenge typically comes from when I start passing the ball, the CPU just gets way too many interceptions, getting about 3-5 a game.
One thing that I do to "balance" the game between myself and the CPU is to use gameflow on offense and defense instead of calling the plays I like, that I know work, and that I'm more comfortable with. Madden still has certain "money" plays that tend to work better than others, and I tend to call them more than I should, so gameflow helps counter that.

When the CPU runs the ball, I've noticed the majority of their effective runs occur when my linebackers are in zone coverage because they're not shooting the gaps as quickly as they would when blitzing or man-covering halfbacks and fullbacks (fingers crossed EA patches the CPU run-logic). Also, because ratings are on a 1:1 ratio, many linebackers can effectively shed the blocks of tight ends who have poor run-block ratings (and in today's league those tight ends are the majority).

As far as passing is concerned, I feel like I have to be more cautious (like the real NFL) of my passing windows because a bad throw often has a chance of being intercepted. No more slinging the ball into double or triple-coverage for me and expecting my WR to make the catch. My personal thought is that it mirrors the real NFL, but I'm sure other user's experiences may differ.

I just wish we could use these settings for CCM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Where this idea is flawed is that it doesn't account for player skill. If I am a madden prodigy and I want to use Rex Grossman for some reason, I can throw for 500+ yards against the #1 defense.

Which would mean Grossman is playing above his ratings...doesnt' matter what they are.

Thats why sliders are there, to balance it out for each person's skill level

The game plays differently for EVERYONE.
Obviously player skill is going to affect how successful you are. The main purpose of achieving the 1:1 ratio is to make ratings matter across the board. Sure, the player you personally control may play differently because YOU are the one controlling him, but you can't make his ratings better or worse than they are when you're playing with a 1:1 ratio.

I assume if someone is throwing for 500+ yards with Rex Grossman against a top defense while using these settings, that person is just a fantastic Madden player or knows money plays to exploit the game (which I'm sure are in abundance).

The point of these settings is that if you're using Rex Grossman compared to other quarterbacks, the difference should be there. If Grossman has a 74 deep ball accuracy, it shouldn't be nearly as effective for the user as RG3's 87 deep ball accuracy.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
One thing that I do to "balance" the game between myself and the CPU is to use gameflow on offense and defense instead of calling the plays I like, that I know work, and that I'm more comfortable with. Madden still has certain "money" plays that tend to work better than others, and I tend to call them more than I should, so gameflow helps counter that.

When the CPU runs the ball, I've noticed the majority of their effective runs occur when my linebackers are in zone coverage because they're not shooting the gaps as quickly as they would when blitzing or man-covering halfbacks and fullbacks (fingers crossed EA patches the CPU run-logic). Also, because ratings are on a 1:1 ratio, many linebackers can effectively shed the blocks of tight ends who have poor run-block ratings (and in today's league those tight ends are the majority).

As far as passing is concerned, I feel like I have to be more cautious (like the real NFL) of my passing windows because a bad throw often has a chance of being intercepted. No more slinging the ball into double or triple-coverage for me and expecting my WR to make the catch. My personal thought is that it mirrors the real NFL, but I'm sure other user's experiences may differ.

I just wish we could use these settings for CCM.
Why don't you use them in ccm. You can change the sliders and thresholds and stuff in that mode too. Just use your right stick to go to more and select league settings, sliders, etc. it's all there, just look.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »