Home

How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

This is a discussion on How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #25
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrazor
Why don't you use them in ccm. You can change the sliders and thresholds and stuff in that mode too. Just use your right stick to go to more and select league settings, sliders, etc. it's all there, just look.
You're right that you can change sliders in CCM, but unfortunately CCM does not allow you to perform the most important step... changing the difficulty to "Custom."

We can only choose between the four pre-set difficulties (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden). I've been experimenting and trying to create a 1:1 ratio in CCM but can't seem to find the proper balance due to the scripted A.I. for every difficulty that either favors or disfavors the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
You're right that you can change sliders in CCM, but unfortunately CCM does not allow you to perform the most important step... changing the difficulty to "Custom."

We can only choose between the four pre-set difficulties (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden). I've been experimenting and trying to create a 1:1 ratio in CCM but can't seem to find the proper balance due to the scripted A.I. for every difficulty that either favors or disfavors the CPU.
The sliders in offline CCM don't work right.CCM offline is broken.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST246
The sliders in offline CCM don't work right.CCM offline is broken.
Whats wrong with them?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

these sliders didnt help me at all. did everything op said. and this is the game
jay cutler and brandon marshall had

jay cutler: 47-83 765 yards

marshall: 37 receptions 567 yards 7 TD's
Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #29
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Yeah I created a LT with ratings of 5 for blocking and watched Jared Allen destroy him time and time again. Then I subbed in a created RE with defensive ratings of 5 and watched him battle it out with the LT. They seemed perfectly even.

Edit: I wanted to post a video but I don't have the necessary equipment. If you want to see how it works create players like I mentioned above and give it a try in practice mode.
Practice mode is not the mode to test things out from. Your much better off seeing it in a regular game.

We had a scnenario recently where we were shown a video show casing a pattern with how a TE would block under a certain situation. when that same test was done in a real game the outcome was totaly different, and it was not a issue anymore.

I cannot try any settings out when threshold is set to 0. I cant understand why anyone would want to create a bigger disparity in speed, and make the game much eaiser to score on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Where this idea is flawed is that it doesn't account for player skill. If I am a madden prodigy and I want to use Rex Grossman for some reason, I can throw for 500+ yards against the #1 defense.

Which would mean Grossman is playing above his ratings...doesnt' matter what they are.

Thats why sliders are there, to balance it out for each person's skill level

The game plays differently for EVERYONE.
Actually your statement is flawed. You just said your using Grossman. That now means your controlling the QB and making all the reads and deciding where to throw the ball, how is Grossman awareness a factor here?

Why not let the cpu play as Grossman and see if what you claim happens.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 09-06-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I cannot try any settings out when threshold is set to 0. I cant understand why anyone would want to create a bigger disparity in speed, and make the game much eaiser to score on.
Try it out (Threshold at 0 and game speed on normal). You'll see that there isn't as large a disparity as you're used to when you play with a pre-set difficulty.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfebns
these sliders didnt help me at all. did everything op said. and this is the game
jay cutler and brandon marshall had

jay cutler: 47-83 765 yards

marshall: 37 receptions 567 yards 7 TD's
What do you mean by "help?"
Are those your stats or the CPU's?
How many minutes are your quarters?
Are you using accelerated play clock?
Are you using gameflow?
Which team were you/did you play against?

Give me details...
The game will play differently for everyone depending on the choices he/she makes. If you want to target Brandon Marshall 50 times a game that's your choice, all I'm offering is the 1:1 ratio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Re: How to Create a Pure 1:1 Ratings Ratio (Defaulting Madden)

Question for Teambuilder: Do I need to change the difficulty to custom in the game settings screen or in the "in game" settings when i press pause? I had already tweaked some sliders so my custom setting was already based on the allpro difficulty. Do i need to delete my old settings and change my difficulty to custom in order for it to not be based on my tweaks from all pro? I hope that questions isnt too confusing man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »