Home

Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types

This is a discussion on Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Let's Hash out Schemes and Player types

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHES10N
No matter what i do, it keeps my scheme labeled as the same scheme the team had prior to me talking over.

I am Jacksonville - It continually says I run a balanced offense and a 4-3 defense. In reality (madden reality lmao) i run a zone block 60-40 run/pass with an attacking 3-4 defense.

I have not a single player on defense outside of free agent pickup Lamarr Houston that isn't a perfect scheme fit.
LBs all 4 are 3-4 fitted
CBS are all 3-4 fitted
S are 3-4 fitted.
I just don't get it

Kinda frustrating ! I won't complain a l am just stating it won't change or save

This is the biggest bug/or lack of design, Team Schemes are static and never change and us users/coaches only get to change the scheme of the players.

So if you want to change a team like the Niners from a 3-4 to a 4-3 you can never scheme the right 'amount' of positions as the schemes for the players still remain that for a 3-4 and not 4-3. Which effectively stops one from being able to scheme correctly.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Player type is not the issue, Chancellor is shown as run support which is what my team needs.
This isn't how it works. If you have your player scheme type for SS as "zone" or "playmaker," then Chancellor's rating will be determined in your system on the basis of his fit within those settings. If you have it set to "run support," then his rating will increase because his ratings in the categories most highly weighted in "run support" players are high.

There's no longer an objective player value; it's all scheme based, which means that you choose your ideal player types at every position and then you see players' OVR ratings as they relate to your particular scheme.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
This isn't how it works. If you have your player scheme type for SS as "zone" or "playmaker," then Chancellor's rating will be determined in your system on the basis of his fit within those settings. If you have it set to "run support," then his rating will increase because his ratings in the categories most highly weighted in "run support" players are high.

There's no longer an objective player value; it's all scheme based, which means that you choose your ideal player types at every position and then you see players' OVR ratings as they relate to your particular scheme.
This scheme thing seems kind of buggy to me. Dave Stewart has a 97 rating for PB, but he is OVR 93 with scheme set to Pass block and 94 OVR with scheme set to Big Mauler. And his rating for RB is, I believe, 85.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
This is the biggest bug/or lack of design, Team Schemes are static and never change and us users/coaches only get to change the scheme of the players.

So if you want to change a team like the Niners from a 3-4 to a 4-3 you can never scheme the right 'amount' of positions as the schemes for the players still remain that for a 3-4 and not 4-3. Which effectively stops one from being able to scheme correctly.
Do these scheme ratings effect player on the field? I mean, I could have Andre Johnson as a Red Zone threat, which is what he is, or change my scheme for him to Balanced, which results in a higher OVR. Will he perform better with scheme set to Balanced even though he is a red zone threat?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #61
Pro

They still perform the same besides when u sim the higher overall balance will win their matchup most of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Do these scheme ratings effect player on the field? I mean, I could have Andre Johnson as a Red Zone threat, which is what he is, or change my scheme for him to Balanced, which results in a higher OVR. Will he perform better with scheme set to Balanced even though he is a red zone threat?
As far as I know, nobody knows because we can't change it. In fact, even if you make a coach, and pick your team schemes (o-book and d-book too) to be the polar opposite of the team you decide to take over, the team schemes override yours so there is no way of knowing if the 'base' team schemes affect the player schemes in any way.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
As far as I know, nobody knows because we can't change it. In fact, even if you make a coach, and pick your team schemes (o-book and d-book too) to be the polar opposite of the team you decide to take over, the team schemes override yours so there is no way of knowing if the 'base' team schemes affect the player schemes in any way.
You can change it, player scheme, that is. I experimented and changed the scheme for various positions and it stuck.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
You can change it, player scheme, that is. I experimented and changed the scheme for various positions and it stuck.
That is not what I am talking about.

Example: Team A runs a 3-4 D by default via who their current real-life coach is and so does Team B except they run a 4-3. Yes, you can still change player schemes (yes they will stick in Online CCM). However, the selection of player schemes has different positions 3-4 vs. 4-3. Why is this important? Well if you wanted to be the current HC of your favorite team and change the philosophy move from 3-4 to 4-3 using the player schemes properly you cannot, because it appears what they have is the default philosophy (aka team scheme) which is hard-coded and can't be changed even if you make a coach and try that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »