Home

EA has made it impossible to be a commissioner

This is a discussion on EA has made it impossible to be a commissioner within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA has made it impossible to be a commissioner

Hey guys
Before I start my story I want to preface it by saying I'm actually a big fan of this madden, I like the gameplay and love all the new features. There are a few things they dropped the ball on but overall I've felt like theres been way more good than bad.
1 thing however is becoming increasingly difficult to overcome unless its corrected quickly.
I've been running an online franchise since Madden 10. Same 20-25 guys for the most part and then we'll pick up a few new people here and there to keep things running smooth.

I was always able to police things because
1) I could set trades to Human Only which means no one can trade with CPU teams, only consenting owners could make deals. (I know this feature is in the game, but it doesn't work seeing as I have it enabled and people have still been trading with CPU teams)
2) I could add and release players from teams myself. If something fishy happened, I could fix it myself.
3) There was a transaction history ***MOST IMPORTANT THING****

To be an effective commissioner and make sure no one is breaking the rules you need to be able to see when people are breaking those rules and you need to be able to act on it when they do. Never has a madden made me so powerless before. The league has been successful for as long as it has been because people trust my judgement and they know I keep things fair, now EA has really taken that power out of my hands.

I know in a perfect world you have 25-30 guys that all follow the rules and don't try any funny business but that just hasn't been reality for me.

I've already seen on twitter some of the madden developers have mentioned transaction history won't be coming at any point, which to me is a HUGE deal and something that hasn't gotten much coverage
If I can gain the ability to add/remove players from teams and if they fix the bug that allows people to trade with CPUs, I might be able to get past the transaction history thing but with all 3 of these issues it's too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA has made it impossible to be a commissioner

Wow, thats crazy. Just like the FA pool as well, we have a non cap league and will be having a FA draft before we actually start game play. THis will be tough to keep people from taking players without actually knowing who is doing what.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

That is pretty bad that there is no transaction history to be found. That means I can't even check out what moves are being made around the league for my own curiosity in my offline franchise. For the first time I'll say, I think the twitter feed was a BAD idea. It should have been just a side thing not the feature page in CCM where you're suppose to get all your information. I mean who gets all of their NFL news from twitter? It's asinine to think that. Why couldn't they have just a news feed like the NFL does on their home page?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

"You can take over any player in the league at any point in their career!"

If you can find them, because we don't release trades or transaction history to you. We may mention one key player, but other than that, good luck.

I'm also a fan of the game, and generally like CC mode. But to not let us know what the other teams in our CC are doing with their rosters is not cool.

It is hard to be a good waiver-wire GM if you can't tell who just hit waivers. They need to reconsider their stance.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Rookie

I think the twitter thing is great for the home screen. It gives you the main buzz things going on around the league and thats good enough for the most part.

But there has to be a seperate area where you can view all transactions. Even if was on the website only.

Without it, I don't think it's possible to have a great online CCM unless you happen to be running it with 29 owners who you know and trust completely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is absolutely a huge oversight that has not got the attention it deserves!!!!
Please let's keep this topic alive because this issue above all else has killed alot of the fun out of CCM. How is it "connected" if I don't even know what's going on around my league!?!

And also there is no where to go to see retired players. I was in year three with the raiders and went to set my depth chart in preseason only to find out that I had no qb because Palmer retired and it wasn't mentioned on twitter or my news feed so I had no idea! Made me so mad I have not played my CCM since and have just been doing play now.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
This is absolutely a huge oversight that has not got the attention it deserves!!!!
Please let's keep this topic alive because this issue above all else has killed alot of the fun out of CCM. How is it "connected" if I don't even know what's going on around my league!?!

And also there is no where to go to see retired players. I was in year three with the raiders and went to set my depth chart in preseason only to find out that I had no qb because Palmer retired and it wasn't mentioned on twitter or my news feed so I had no idea! Made me so mad I have not played my CCM since and have just been doing play now.
I hate to be over dramatic but all the problems people have with Madden 13, there isn't one that I've been more frustrated with than the no transaction history. It's a death blow to online leagues.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

OP, I feel you 100%. I feel like I had more power last year with the barebones franchise and XFN than I do now. In fact, I know I did. I could assess cap penalties to rule breakers and could see every transaction made in the OF. I can't do anything like that now. Hell, I can't even see if a user restarted against the CPU. WTF? I feel like all I can do, as commish now, is start the league, change settings, and advance the league. That's it. I have no recourse for a rule breaker except to kick him out. So now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place when someone breaks a small rule. I can either boot him, which would be extremely excessive or I can let it go, which would do nothing to deter people from doing it again. I like CC as a whole but this aspect of it is pretty frustrating.

Last edited by splff3000; 09-06-2012 at 05:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »