Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Jayson nailed it perfectly.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

I would have to say fiction. I will leave out CCM because we all know the issues that has. Now before I get started let me say that gameplay itself is pretty decent could be better (get to that later) but overall, this is the best madden on next gen as far as gameplay goes.

Lets start with regular online ranked games. EA seems to ignore the exploits this game has every year. Each year the nano blitz rears its ugly head and makes the game unplayable. Instead of 2 guys matching football wits, they see who can exploit the bad A.I. the best. For gamers who want to play an honest, true to life football sim online, we simply cannot. Because eventually, with enough wins, your're gonna be matched up with a cheesehead (no offense greenbay fans).

The play of O and D line is horrible. The A.I. is completely broken. We already seen video evidence that ratings on the line don't matter at all.

Fullbacks on running plays ARE ASSIGNED to particular players. Thats not how football is played. If I call a off tackle run, my fullback blocking should be blocking off tackle. Instead, he runs to his pre-determined linebacker, even if his pre-determined blocking assignment isnt in the play.

This game seems to cater to the casual fan, and the glitchers. The true hardcore fans are the ones left feeling yet again "unfullfilled".

Last edited by Theylie; 09-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Pro

Fiction IMHO. After buying the EA season ticket ,Playing the DEMO & Early Trail I have to say Failed to deliver the real this time. I mean we can all point out many flaws in the game (hence the bugs /glitch thread) but the AI took a hit on challenge. It's nice to see real faces & dynamic draft classes with audio , but after just one season the system gos haywire. CCM is on BETA right now , And I feel like were doing the mayor part of the testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Chris's use of the word "polished" in regard to next year is curious given that Madden can never be polished when its released with so many bugs every year.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm feeling right in the middle, I know there is much missing, including OL/DL interaction, penalties, it's stuff we've all heard before.

However, online CCM mode I'm getting some of the best games I've ever seen on Madden before with all-pro customized settings.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

They peaked with Madden 10 (and that wasnt great either...but it was their best) and have been on a slow decline since then. Madden 13, as I said very early in one of my demo impression threads....is head for the worst reviews ever for the series in this Gen of consoles. Perhaps it wont drop below 06 but its currently a train wreck right now

From its total lack of Franchise customization, to its humorist approach to some really wonky animations and firecracker physics, to its completely braindead strategy to remove key features like customizable CAMS, NCAA Imports, etc. to its ultimately predictable and canned AI, this game is a NO DOUBT FAILURE!

Of course this is just the way I feel about the game but I do have a long pedigree of playing video football games that date way back to Intellivision Football and Fourth and Inches!

Someone resurrect 2K's All Pro Football Team....they had much more right from a tactical and strategic football video game perspective than Madden has ever been able to accomplish...and to boot, their games were also much more immersive with a greater sense of player participation and control

EA needs a complete reboot with the Madden series...
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dast
idk how this stuff works, so im really just assuming here, but it would seem like football games would be harder to accurately depict the real game than other sports. there's a lot more intense, complex physical interactions to deal with. if thats the case then i think thats something to keep in mind. there are things missing and some really annoying issues, but im hoping a patch well help with some of it. all in all, im really encouraged by the base they have to work off of here.
IDK bout that. It seems football would be harder to get right because of all the player interactions, but basketball and hockey have plenty of player interactions. Yet, it seems the madden team cant solve it. The NHL team makes a solid game year in and year out. And thats a EA game. NBA2k is by far the best b-ball ever produced. It put NBA live in the grave.

I think other companies need to make NFL games. Until they do, we will always be in this same spot every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

If by genre, you mean football, then it HAS to be fact, because there is no other competion besides NCAA. If you mean sports, then it's ABSOLUTELY fiction. Madden can't hold a candle to NBA 2K or The Show. NHL has been pretty good lately. I'm not into soccer, but I also hear great things about Fifa. I think at the end of the day, what it comes down to is, we're all football fans and are just kinda stuck with what they give us if we want our football fix. It's a sad situation, but I feel like Madden has a LONG way to go before they can be considered one of the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »