Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #33
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Fiction without a shadow of a doubt. I'm going to keep saying this, until they can find a way to get down or even address the core fundamental aspects of football, I will never consider this game. Good things here and there ain't gonna cut it. Line-play, player movement, overall animations, and AI take priority over any other aspect of the game. All in all, I'm just frustrated with the game I grew up playing and actually liked it.

I look at the NBA2K vs. NBA Live series and can honestly say Madden probably would have had the same fate or a drastic reduction in sales, if they had not acquired the exclusive license. Let's be real folks!
well ****ing said
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #34
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Fiction. Yes, they've included great additions, but they still can't hit the core elements of football gameplay. Infinity engine needs to be tuned but is a great step. Point is, Madden NFL 13 is highly overrated. All these other games mentioned: MLB The Show, NBA 2K, EA NHL, FIFA, they're in refinement mode. Madden 13 just now laid a foundation that, frankly, took way too long to achieve.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
Banned

Wista5's Arena

OVR: 0
FICTION: To me outside of the wonky physics Madden 13 plays very similar to last years game. I feel NCAA still plays and looks better than Madden and NCAA is not even one of the better sports games next to NHL, Fiffa, PES, MLB the Show and NBA 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #36
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

For me it's fact. It's a great game, just short of amazing, with potential with patches and future iterations off the charts. I can completely understand why some would have a contrary opinion depending on your play style.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Fact: I agree with Chris here. What's important here is that Madden has laid a foundation for its series (and hopefully NCAA), which a lot of things it can build upon. There are definitely some things that need to be ironed out, but the overall gameplay is really pretty good.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 18

Fiction, I went in with tempered expectations, but I am still pretty disappointing. Madden 10 stays in the disc drive another year, but at least I enjoy NCAA 13 occasionally if I need a change.

I really wanted to like it and even trusted some of the gamechanger gentlemen about how much better it is. It isn't there fault I played the demo, I shouldn't have been surprised. Though, I hear online it is fun; but doesn't actually resemble what we see on Sunday.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theylie
I would have to say fiction. I will leave out CCM because we all know the issues that has. Now before I get started let me say that gameplay itself is pretty decent could be better (get to that later) but overall, this is the best madden on next gen as far as gameplay goes.

Lets start with regular online ranked games. EA seems to ignore the exploits this game has every year. Each year the nano blitz rears its ugly head and makes the game unplayable. Instead of 2 guys matching football wits, they see who can exploit the bad A.I. the best. For gamers who want to play an honest, true to life football sim online, we simply cannot. Because eventually, with enough wins, your're gonna be matched up with a cheesehead (no offense greenbay fans).

The play of O and D line is horrible. The A.I. is completely broken. We already seen video evidence that ratings on the line don't matter at all.

Fullbacks on running plays ARE ASSIGNED to particular players. Thats not how football is played. If I call a off tackle run, my fullback blocking should be blocking off tackle. Instead, he runs to his pre-determined linebacker, even if his pre-determined blocking assignment isnt in the play.

This game seems to cater to the casual fan, and the glitchers. The true hardcore fans are the ones left feeling yet again "unfullfilled".
I agree with the fact that its not about football wits, calling the right plays, building schemes, adapting AI, ect. Its about finding the glitches, the broken parts and exploiting them! And then to strip the whole game of its core value, simply stinks! I hate to think they laid the foundation for the game and its going to take 5-10yrs b4 the house is built!! Hello!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theylie
IDK bout that. It seems football would be harder to get right because of all the player interactions, but basketball and hockey have plenty of player interactions. Yet, it seems the madden team cant solve it. The NHL team makes a solid game year in and year out. And thats a EA game. NBA2k is by far the best b-ball ever produced. It put NBA live in the grave.

I think other companies need to make NFL games. Until they do, we will always be in this same spot every year.
"I think other companies need to make NFL games. Until they do, we will always be in this same spot every year." Thats the only solution!!! Madden will never get it right!! Let them keep making their junk version and give a couple other companies a shot!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »