Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #65
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
As I said during hype time, this is Madden '06 all over again as they lead into developing on the next gaming consoles.

Strip and add, that's all it is.

It's hard for me to use the word "Great" in any discussion dealing with Madden football since being on Next-Gen and I refuse to compare it to itself as a measuring stick to pinpoint it's progress.

Funny thing is that I see some folks who have given praise and/or progression cudo's to EA's version of Physics, but ripped Backbreakers Physics (the 1st for Next-Gen football) as garbage. (go figure!!!)

The only true Fact that can't be debated is that both of EA's football titles have been pointed in the right direction since being on Next-Gen in 2006/07, but have shown that the raised "Genre Standards" are set at a level they can't keep pace with.
By comparison, I think BB did a better job than Madden as far as first attempts go, the bodies in BB seem more solid...Madden simply trumps it in every other way. Dang now I gotta pop the game in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #66
Rookie

aussieBKR's Arena

OVR: 5
standing ovation for Jayson, would have to agree on nearly every point made. It is light years behind 2k......can't wait for nba2k13, i get more excitement about reading posts and updates on that game, then i do actually playing madden...But I love my NFL so i got no other choice.....
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #67
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

The answer to this question regardless of personal oponin is fact but that's only by default because they have no competition!! I honestly think that if the rights to the NFL weren't EA's exclusive property that they would make a better game year in an year out... FIFA has comp, before 2k really took off an made live take a dirt nap there was comp, an madden 05 was probably their best edition during the 2k wars... But if your only competing against yourself than all you can do is try to do better than your past output an in my humble opinion M13 is better than M12, cause I remember these boards a year ago at this time and most people seemed to hate 12 cause it didn't change at all from he previous years version
Old 09-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #68
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Fiction, for the reason Jayson said. Gameplay wise, fundamental flaws that have been around for years still are in the game. Blocking, lineplay, running animations/footplanting, still filled with canned animations. The A.I is bad, very predictable and present no challege to Madden veterans. All these fundamental flaws lead to players being able to cheat the game, trick the A.I. Peope are still doing rocket catches and nano blitzing! These flaws have been in the game since the PS2 days!
It's obivious that the exclusive license have hurt this franchise, it allowed devs and project managers to be lazy and focus on back-of-box material instead putting in the work and fixing the real problems.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fiction

As said by others, other devs have better games ( The Show, NBA2k). EA made a good business decision in getting Exclusive Rights, no arguing that. However, they have done nothing to thwart the scrutiny of the deal by producing groundbreaking product. They throw bricks against a wall year after year hoping for one to bounce back. Over time, this could lead to the deal not being extended. Whether it be because of the NFL caving to public demand or showing possible better revenue in multiple devs. Right now, the revenue part might not be the case. 300million from EA compared to 25-30million from 2 or 3 devs each? You cant charge hundreds of millions without promising exclusiveness. But EA's product, or lack thereof, might cause someone to get creative with a non exclusive proposal. Such as lump sum up front and royalties. I don't buy the "reboot" or good place to start from argument. Recall final ps2 Madden and first Ps3 one? Umm yea. The PS4 is coming around gents.

M13 has good gameplay, better presentation, but flawed everywhere else. No immersion, just game. Did NFL Blitz comeback?

Last edited by Da_IllusiveGuy; 09-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3
Fiction.

We should'nt be left with anticipation for next years game a couple weeks after this years is released but that's what a lof of us are doing. 8 years on next gen they should of found their groove years ago and be presenting an enthralling and drastically improved game every year.

There just doesn't seem to be any logic with Madden EA. Why not use the dev cycle to focus solely on gameplay...then we would of had a really polished game on the field and most would of been happy with the same ol franchise if the gameplay is on point. instead everything was rushed cause and we have to wait for patches? PS2 games came out hot and ready to go, no one waited around for major patches on the outdated ps2 so why are we subjected to this crap in 2012?
Jayson nailed it by the way.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 30
I say FACT - I think this new dev leader is making good on trying to make this game better and more realistic. Remember, the team, what, doubled in size for Madden 12 while there was still hangover from what the Ian team had done setting up 12 and this team has now had 13 to build on all by themselves and they've done a good job.

Now, the one thing that bothers me, and makes me mad, is what they will possibly need to alter, drastically or otherwise, for 14. EA usually has to taper, cut and move things around to be able to implement new additions and changes on with these current systems.

The, uhh, maddening part is how much better this game could have possibly been LOOONG AGO, even with a smaller Madden dev team, if MS just went with effin Blu-ray. Bigger disc space increases the data capacity of what devs can do on one disc. DVDs hold this game back and causes all that tapering, cutting and moving around. Anybody want to take this personally and argue this, again, go educate urself. Not trying to start some debate. It's FACT and there ARE games on PS3 that only needed one Blu-ray disc when that very same game had to be released on multiple DVDs for the 360. MS messed that up for all of us.
If EA still had wanted to double up on the team with having Blu-ray copacity for both systems, sheesh, Madden would probably be approaching if not already at legendary status with 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I say FACT - I think this new dev leader is making good on trying to make this game better and more realistic. Remember, the team, what, doubled in size for Madden 12 while there was still hangover from what the Ian team had done setting up 12 and this team has now had 13 to build on all by themselves and they've done a good job.

Now, the one thing that bothers me, and makes me mad, is what they will possibly need to alter, drastically or otherwise, for 14. EA usually has to taper, cut and move things around to be able to implement new additions and changes on with these current systems.

The, uhh, maddening part is how much better this game could have possibly been LOOONG AGO, even with a smaller Madden dev team, if MS just went with effin Blu-ray. Bigger disc space increases the data capacity of what devs can do on one disc. DVDs hold this game back and causes all that tapering, cutting and moving around. Anybody want to take this personally and argue this, again, go educate urself. Not trying to start some debate. It's FACT and there ARE games on PS3 that only needed one Blu-ray disc when that very same game had to be released on multiple DVDs for the 360. MS messed that up for all of us.
If EA still had wanted to double up on the team with having Blu-ray copacity for both systems, sheesh, Madden would probably be approaching if not already at legendary status with 13.
*And the comment about 14 obviously would refer to the game releasing on current gen systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »