Home

OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

This is a discussion on OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Madden NFL 13 is receiving some high praises from some and some big jeers from others. There aren't many other games as polarizing in the gaming community as Madden, and the response to any Fact or Fiction on Madden are surely to generate some colorful responses. We asked our own Chris Sanner and Jayson Young to get on the hot seat and explain their positions on the following statement:

After one week of playing the game, is Madden back to being among the great franchises in our genre in your opinion?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii U
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Fiction without a shadow of a doubt. I'm going to keep saying this, until they can find a way to get down or even address the core fundamental aspects of football, I will never consider this game. Good things here and there ain't gonna cut it. Line-play, player movement, overall animations, and AI take priority over any other aspect of the game. All in all, I'm just frustrated with the game I grew up playing and actually liked it.

I look at the NBA2K vs. NBA Live series and can honestly say Madden probably would have had the same fate or a drastic reduction in sales, if they had not acquired the exclusive license. Let's be real folks!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 33
Fiction. Too much was taken out of this years game. If EA had released this game without taking out key features & without the stupid bugs then I may have said fact. As it is I'm having much more fun with NCAA 13.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
This is fiction. The Show is the class of sports gaming, and NBA 2k is probably a 1A...both perform just as well or better on the field, and while CC is a great foundation, it is patently obvious that it is a reboot of the franchise. I'm still having fun with it, but the last few NHL games, FIFA, and Pro Evo all outperform Madden in nearly all aspects.

That doesn't mean I'm not having fun with it, or that I'm not extremely excited about the future, even this year in the subsequent patches. I'm just glad that I am able to enjoy the game without the fixes at this point.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I tend to agree with Chris. I just find this game so much more enjoyable than last year's, even thought it is far from perfect. It just feels like it's headed in the right direction in terms of gameplay. Add back all the stuff people are complaining about and keep tweaking the new engine and it will be pretty darn good in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
idk how this stuff works, so im really just assuming here, but it would seem like football games would be harder to accurately depict the real game than other sports. there's a lot more intense, complex physical interactions to deal with. if thats the case then i think thats something to keep in mind. there are things missing and some really annoying issues, but im hoping a patch well help with some of it. all in all, im really encouraged by the base they have to work off of here.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Fiction! How can Madden be first in class with MLB the Show and NBA 2k out there. I don't even like baseball and I'm a football fanatic, but I'd easily buy MLB the Show over Madden. Madden can't even replicate real football activities. For instance... notice in real NFL games when a guy returns a punt for a TD, there are blockers for him all the way down field? Notice how in Madden EVERY single time you return a punt for a TD, your teammates stop trailing and the defense has a trail of defenders behind you? Sounds like something we would've seen on Tecmo Bowl.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OS Fact or Fiction: Is Madden for Real This Time?

Fact. After years of Madden being the same ol' thing, EA Tiburon has finally taken steps to move this game in the right direction. CCM is absolutely tremendous, the physics are fantastic, and most importantly the game is actually FUN to play and that to me is all that matters. I'm actually going to complete multiple seasons in a football game for the first time since Tecmo Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »