Home

Super Jumping Defense

This is a discussion on Super Jumping Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Super Jumping Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
I dont have a problem with super jumpy defenders, mine is with cat like refleces, super stretchy arm defenders.

I'll have a guy in space, throw to him, and the LB will reach out at full stretch and pick it. Often one handed. Every now and then it'd be fine, you get tremendous stretching plays. But most of the time if a defender is really having to stretch to get there, it's gonna be deflected not caught.
I get this too and it seems to be a combination of super human momentum and a overall lack of aggression or fight from your receivers. Even if its a bad throw your taught from freaking high school to become a defender on a bad throw and bat the ball down but the receivers don't do it.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

What this game needs more of is CB's trying to swat the ball down more. Dont have 20 animations on how they are going to do a jumping full body stretch to get a INT. I love when I think I have a man open down the middle of the field and right before the ball gets there a defender will dive and just swat the ball down.

Its also pretty unrealistic that these huge lineman can make the same type of acrobatic plays as the CB's and S's. I played with the Vikings the other day and Jared Allen, who yes I know is real good and pretty athletic, ran down a pass that was thrown to Mike Wallace and did a jumping diving INT.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
Learn to play? I bet I would beat you right now if we played. Obviously you cant read, if I say someone is 5-8 yards ahead of someone and I throw him the ball still trying to lead him and I get picked off, that isnt a dumb pass. That is a miraculous play by the defender. And if you would read around a little bit, you would see other people mention about it in numerous threads, Im just the first one to make a thread just about it.
Oh we have a sensitive one. I know how to read, do you? I will say it again but this time I will make it easier for you to understand.

I have yet to see anything like "super jumping defense" (i play on all-madden Jarrod's black set)

I can only go by my experience. I have not seen anything that supports "super jumping" defenses.

Until I see video of such plays, I do not believe the game has super jumping defenses.

Because of that, I am left to conclude that the problem is with you.
Could I be wrong? Sure, but the only way to prove me wrong is by showing video of "super jumping defense"

It is nothing against you. If I tell you that Peterson did a cartwheel to break a tackle and you have never experienced that wouldn't you need video proof before you believe me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Oh we have a sensitive one. I know how to read, do you? I will say it again but this time I will make it easier for you to understand.

I have yet to see anything like "super jumping defense" (i play on all-madden Jarrod's black set)

I can only go by my experience. I have not seen anything that supports "super jumping" defenses.

Until I see video of such plays, I do not believe the game has super jumping defenses.

Because of that, I am left to conclude that the problem is with you.
Could I be wrong? Sure, but the only way to prove me wrong is by showing video of "super jumping defense"

It is nothing against you. If I tell you that Peterson did a cartwheel to break a tackle and you have never experienced that wouldn't you need video proof before you believe me?
Actually with this physics system, I probably would believe you because I have seen some crazy stuff myself.

And Im waiting for someone to post a video, if they dont then I will tonight.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

And I think some of the jumping INT are the QBs fault for under throwing an open WR so bad.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I saw a DL jump up and bat down a ball, haven't seen that in Madden before, but I haven't seen anything too crazy like in years past.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
Rookie

I've seen this. Its a bummer.

I surmise that its something that the developers stitched together because passing had been getting too easy/ difficult to defend. Kind of taking the easy way out.

I'd like it better if passing was more challenging, yet not necessarily resulting in so many interceptions. If we're stuck with these superjumpers, a lot of which I find are impossible to predict, I'd at least like it if they made it so that there were more passes off the defenders finger tips. That way, at least the entire drive isn't ruined, and the interception figures could be kept in check.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Yes, I can atest to what the OP is talking about, I have seen it countless times and its the result under my understanding, the "ballhawking" feature!

DBs jump up like a revers Rocket Catch while in stride and Pick off everything. Hopefully whatevers in this patch will alleviate this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »