Home

Preseason Idea

This is a discussion on Preseason Idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3
Preseason Idea

Since preseason really doesn't serve the same purpose as it does in real life here on Madden I was thinking. What if rather than knowing what everyone on your rosters rating's are I think all players behind the obvious starters should have all they're ratings disguised or with projected ratings like the scouting does. And through out the preseason you open up what they're ratings are as you progress through the game's or on a week by week basis? Just an Idea to spruce up having to play preseason games and drop players without really much to back up the cut.

What does everyone here at OS think ?

Last edited by leathrneck34; 09-06-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Preseason Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Since preseason really doesn't serve the same purpose as it does in real life here on Madden I was thinking. What if rather than knowing what everyone on your rosters rating's are I think all players behind the obvious starters should have all they're ratings disguised or with projected ratings like the scouting does. And through out the preseason you open up what they're ratings would either project to be or are as your progress through the game's or on a week by week basis? Just an Idea to spruce up having to play preseason games and drop players without really much to back up the cut.

What does everyone here at OS think ?
We did something like this last year in Madden 12. All drafted rookies and new additions to the team were ?s. As you progressed through the preseason, certain attributes would unlock.

What do you guys prefer? M12 or M13 style?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
We did something like this last year in Madden 12. All drafted rookies and new additions to the team were ?s. As you progressed through the preseason, certain attributes would unlock.

This year. Preseason is awful. Knowing games count for nothing, even rookie ratings, makes them a waste of time for me.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

tha2one's Arena

OVR: 4

What they need to just add position battles. Battling for a spot for the starting jobs and rookies trying to make the 53 man roster.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

I play preseason to get my rookies and bench players at least some XP. When you simulate the preseason or SuperSim, only the starters play. Simulate a game and check your stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
What I Absolutely Truly Want: Customizable draft classes that are shareable. I want the classes to be big enough to have a bunch of udfa. I'm not asking for a 90 man roster. 75 would be enough. Give us a senior bowl. Give us a training camp. Hide the ratings of any new player on the roster for the ratings we didn't scout.

CCM is awesome. I don't want to lose compelling stories. I am in my first season and more excited to draft a certain player then I am playing the Super Bowl.

The draft and preseason just needs to feel like a different mode of the game it needs to be so deep.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I second bringing back position battles, but I'm thinking that probably means more guessing for the game programming and also likely based on potential/overalls because, well...who would be in a position battle? The guys with lower overalls. If all positions were wide open, though, and that's not impossible when a Russell Wilson beats out big trade Matt Flynn, then overalls wouldn't be needed so much. Perhaps then it's just asking for a program to simply take the guy with the best stats to top of the depth chart.

Of course, none of this works if all of your back ups aren't allowed to see the field in preseason.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk

Last years but make it work better. Maybe just keep it at 0/? so the CPU thinks they are bad unless they unlock the true overall, or just let them know who is better. Leaving just ? for ratings unscouted and ones that have to be evaluated on the field. Speed, Agility, Strengths should be given, but blocking, catching, route running needs to be something you unlock after playing them.

Maybe even more playing time = more ? ratings revealed. Also, add in training camp games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »