Home

So many interceptions

This is a discussion on So many interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: So many interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
It's hard not to throw the ball in tight coverage when the field is so small. It's like every defensive player can cover two areas. The defensive end can cover the flat, out route, and deep comebacks with a simple drop back.

When you try and lead your receiver, you're just sending him into another spot where a defensive guy is covering three areas.

Should have been fixed light years ago.
You know i dont really have a problem with how fast cb and fs react to the ball, but when i see Defensive lineman reacting like an elite corner i cringe.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
I agree with MrToo. Defenders drop so many wide-open picks, I don't know how anyone can complain that there's too many interceptions.

Strangely though, I haven't had the issues people have said here, although that may be because I don't run many streak routes. But this year above all others, I feel like a good 80-90% of my interceptions are honestly my fault. Thats in contrast to NCAA 12 last year, where I felt like most of the time, they were the result of unrealistic defense.
see im 50-50 on my int. partly my fault however the others is because of Madden not because of football. There are still psychic defenders on here and corners still occasional move unrealistically when changing direction. And for some reason its really hard to put the ball ahead of your wr where the defender has no chance at picking it off. it seems as though the defender has that split second where it makes up ground to interecept the pass.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #19
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm doing a Giants coach career, so I play as Eli Manning. Most of the time, the interceptions are my fault. I'll try to go deep on a third down, or if I'm losing, and it'll be a little off target. There are times, though, where the pass is completely off the mark and gets picked.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
Anyone else noticing how many picks occur on this game? Seems like every online game there are dozens of picks. You throw to an open guy and before you know it some dives in front and there is a pick. Cazy
Sure its been said, but just pick better reads. I had a post that wasnt so appropriate a few years ago displeasing my affection for Madden and its "picking me off".

I swallowed my pride, took that same advice and had a great experience. This game, just like the last few years still isnt madden of old where you can run'n'gun and be able to get away with it. Just pick good reads and dont force if you have a chance.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 09-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Sure its been said, but just pick better reads. I had a post that wasnt so appropriate a few years ago displeasing my affection for Madden and its "picking me off".

I swallowed my pride, took that same advice and had a great experience. This game, just like the last few years still isnt madden of old where you can run'n'gun and be able to get away with it. Just pick good reads and dont force if you have a chance.
Too many times have people said interceptions were caused by bad reads or I just threw it into double coverage. This could happen, but majority of the ones I've seen were caused by incredible DE od DB play.

When you run a streak route and toss what seems to be a decent pass, just to have your receiver continue to just run forward while the DB reacts to the ball...bad.

There are so any cases of these situations it's crazy.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am getting some too. Some are from stupid throws, some are from their CB's jumping routes or reading my mind.

I try to play it like a real game time my out routes and throw the ball the second the WR should cut and lead him so the ball is there right when he turns but those are hard to do because the CB cut right before my WR most of the time.

I also think that I have 4 new rookie offensive linemen and I am being constantly rushed might contribute to the pressure and the "Oh sh*t my controller is vibrating, throw the ball in any direction!"
Old 09-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

I wish I could post my ranked game stats where the opponent threw 11 interceptions. He quit after the 11th, I think I threw one.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

As far as the streak plays, I am seeing a lot of basically unrealistic interceptions... but I don't think that is a terrible thing for gameplay necessarily. In past Madden releases, if my WR beat press coverage at the line and had two steps on the DB, I fired a full out bullet pass 30 yards downfield or whatever and it was a catch every time. This year, I throw that same bullet and the DB leaps in the air during a full sprint and snatches the ball that's still nine feet in the air. You just don't see that in the NFL on any consistent basis... a WR who has two steps, getting pass that's led enough to hit him in stride... that's just never a pick.

That said, I think the game is trying to force you to use just a tiny bit of touch on the pass. I've found that in those "WR has two steps" situations, I need to find that tiny middle ground on the button so it's still thrown hard, but I let go right before "full bullet". That small bit of extra arc has seemed to do the trick for me... but my sample size is small... so just my impressions at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »