Home

how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score"

This is a discussion on how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score"

clearly superbowls and division titles have a baring cause its listed, yet some how Walter Payton has 700xp more than Emmitt, who not only had the same number of Yearly Awards but won 3 superbowls and 6 division championships, oh and has the most TDs and Yards all time 2nd to only Jerry Rice

how does 1 superbowl, 1 championship and 12 awards = 14k

yet 3 superbowls, 6 championships and 12 awards = 13k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: how is Emmitt behind Payton in "Legacy Score"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
clearly superbowls and division titles have a baring cause its listed, yet some how Walter Payton has 700xp more than Emmitt, who not only had the same number of Yearly Awards but won 3 superbowls and 6 division championships, oh and has the most TDs and Yards all time 2nd to only Jerry Rice

how does 1 superbowl, 1 championship and 12 awards = 14k

yet 3 superbowls, 6 championships and 12 awards = 13k
I think the simple & quick answer is because Payton was better.

I'm a little confused though. what does superbowl's have to do with a individual being better? Because Smith played with hall of fame types and pro bowlers he was better? All those TD's he had were because they Cowboys got into scoring position so many times. Take Barry Sanders, how is he gonna get 187 TD's with Erik Kramer, Andre Ware, Rodney Pete, Charlie Batch, and Scott Mitchell as his qb? He isn't gonna get a single TD unless he pops one for 50 yards. Barrys qb's would be lucky to get him inside of the 20 yard line 1 out of 10 drives.

Regardless, Smith was a great runner. I could see him, Payton, and Brown put in different order from 2-4 based on personal opinions.

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-06-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think the simple & quick answer is because Payton was better.

I'm a little confused though. what does superbowl's have to do with a individual being better? Because Smith played with hall of fame types and pro bowlers he was better? All those TD's he had were because they Cowboys got into scoring position so many times. Take Barry Sanders, how is he gonna get 187 TD's with Erik Kramer, Andre Ware, Rodney Pete, Charlie Batch, and Scott Mitchell as his qb? He isn't gonna get a single TD unless he pops one for 50 yards. Barrys qb's would be lucky to get him inside of the 20 yard line 1 out of 10 drives.
the QB didnt have anything to do with the fact they had to sub him on short yardage situations cause he couldnt run up the middle to safe his life. THATS why all his TDs were from long runs
Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by eival
the QB didnt have anything to do with the fact they had to sub him on short yardage situations cause he couldnt run up the middle to safe his life. THATS why all his TDs were from long runs
lol, you mean Touchdown Tommy Vardell? He couldn't get it done either. Nobody could have on that Lions team, and nobody did. Poor Barry had to run like a chicken to get yardage at all. I'm sure the dude would have loved to have had bus sized holes like Emmitt had, but it just wasn't gonna happen on that team man.

If you watched Barrys entire carear, you would know the decision of putting in Vardell was dumb, and people, announcers, media used to get so upset. The coach for those years tried to blame Barry because they couldn't create a hole at the goal line. Sad news is, it had nothing to do with Barry. When running at the goal line you either need a hole or a 250 LB bruiser. Emmitt had a hole with the greatest line in NFL history on any greatest line countdown.

I would call 99 TD's in 10 years on those Lions teams getting it done well personally.

BTW-Barry has 19 awards, that is tied for the best in the game man. This is in 10 years vs Rices 18 or so, vs Emmitt's 14-15, etc?You should argue why he isn't number one or two all time over everyone(besides Rice) since he has the best stats and tied best awards then anyone in Modern day NFL football history, and did it in only 10 years. Think it was a fluke Sanders broke so many runs? Llook what he did in college. Nobody has had a better career in college as Sanders either on any all time list you can watch.

Look at Walter Payton and Barry Sanders receiving yards. Both averaged better then Smith per game. People like to think Smith was a great receiver, and he was, but check out the other two. Barry averaged better through his career receiving then smith(I believe TD receiving also). Imagine what Barry would have done with Aikman instead of those Clowns he had throwing to him. Paytons receiving was incredible

Last edited by wheelman990; 09-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
lol, you mean Touchdown Tommy Vardell? He couldn't get it done either. Nobody could have on that Lions team, and nobody did. Poor Barry had to run like a chicken to get yardage at all. I'm sure the dude would have loved to have had bus sized holes like Emmitt had, but it just wasn't gonna happen on that team man.

If you watched Barrys entire carear, you would know the decision of putting in Vardell was dumb, and people, announcers, media used to get so upset. The coach for those years tried to blame Barry because they couldn't create a hole at the goal line. Sad news is, it had nothing to do with Barry. When running at the goal line you either need a hole or a 250 LB bruiser. Emmitt had a hole with the greatest line in NFL history on any greatest line countdown.

I would call 99 TD's in 10 years on those Lions teams getting it done well personally.

BTW-Barry has 19 awards, that is tied for the best in the game man. This is in 10 years vs Rices 18 or so, vs Emmitt's 14-15, etc?You should argue why he isn't number one or two all time over everyone(besides Rice) since he has the best stats and tied best awards then anyone in Modern day NFL football history, and did it in only 10 years. Think it was a fluke Sanders broke so many runs? Llook what he did in college. Nobody has had a better career in college as Sanders either on any all time list you can watch.

Look at Walter Payton and Barry Sanders receiving yards. Both averaged better then Smith per game. People like to think Smith was a great receiver, and he was, but check out the other two. Barry averaged better through his career receiving then smith(I believe TD receiving also). Imagine what Barry would have done with Aikman instead of those Clowns he had throwing to him. Paytons receiving was incredible
well said

I've been a lifelong Detroit fan because of his running (when I was a kid I assumed they were a great team because of him alone, didnt know they sucked otherwise until I was older). Barry also has the record for most carries for negative yards due to his blockers that would literally stop and watch him run around instead of actually, you know, blocking for him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Emmitt Smith never had a negative rushing day in the playoffs. Emmitt carried his team to 3 Super Bowls. Always showed up big when needed. Peyton I can argue had to deal with San Francisco in their Montana prime. He might have won another if not for them. But Barry Sanders? Barry couldn't run between the tackles. If he could maybe the Lions would win more games then. Emmitt played with a dislocated shoulder! Barry retired because of the strain on his 30 year old body. He didn't love the game. Emmitt loved the game. And it showed. He played for the Cardinals well after he broke Walter's record. The Cardinals. What was he hoping of accomplishing? Nothing. He loved the game.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Rookie

walls of text, none of which actually on the topic of how EA's legacy score actually adds up based on the criteria in the game, which says Superbowls, Championships and Yearly Awards. of which Emmitt has more than Payton.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker12
Emmitt Smith never had a negative rushing day in the playoffs. Emmitt carried his team to 3 Super Bowls. Always showed up big when needed. Peyton I can argue had to deal with San Francisco in their Montana prime. He might have won another if not for them. But Barry Sanders? Barry couldn't run between the tackles. If he could maybe the Lions would win more games then. Emmitt played with a dislocated shoulder! Barry retired because of the strain on his 30 year old body. He didn't love the game. Emmitt loved the game. And it showed. He played for the Cardinals well after he broke Walter's record. The Cardinals. What was he hoping of accomplishing? Nothing. He loved the game.
Emmitt ran between the tackles because he had the offensive line to do it. Emmitt carried his team to three Super Bowls? Wrong. No one carried anybody on those teams. It was a complete team effort.

You're right, Barry didn't love the game.. and you wouldn't love the game either if you were running for your life every time the ball was handed off to you.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »