Home

Unrealistic amount of drop passes due to the new passing system.

This is a discussion on Unrealistic amount of drop passes due to the new passing system. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Unrealistic amount of drop passes due to the new passing system.

I want to varify with people i am sure alot are aware of but the amount of dropped passes in this game needs to be addressed. I cant be the only one going through this, seeing routine catches dropped by the pros is ok nobody is perfect but when i see an easy catch dropped by the same player three times in a row it raises an eyebrow. I dont know what it is but too many times when i throw to a wide receiver using the total control passing they drop the ball as soon as they take off running. On curl routes they drop the ball as they are wide open. I am not gonna get into how many times wr's drop the ball when they get hit as it happens about 70% of the time in this game. I wont count that but it gets ridiculous seeing the amount total up after a game. I would have near 10 drops combined at the end of the game. This is the pros and that should not be the case. I even adjusted my sliders and put catching up to around 65 to see if that helped but no it didnt do a darn thing. So now im paranoid everytime i throw the ball to a wide open receiver this is worse than high school the way they fumble with the ball. And what makes it even worse the defense is so opportunistic that they sometimes get int's from my wr's dropping the ball. I understand that happens in real life however it still feels a bit cheap. Another complaint i want to add why isnt there a mobile prototype qb option in CCM. The highest speed rating you can choose as a qb is 75 for the WC type qb, however since speed cost so much it would take you nearly half your career saving up points to get your speed up to the likes of a Micheal Vick or a Rober griffin III. Basically this game forces you to become a pocket passer no matter what you choose, because let me tell you in case you didnt know. A 75 rating in speed is not gonna be fast enough to get away from the defensive lineman in this game trust me. The sacks will pile up, either that or int's. You choose your poision.

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 09-07-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Unrealistic amount of drop passes due to the new passing system.

Don't blame the game when you try to run before catching the ball. Seems more realistic to me.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
Banned

xTeXaNsX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Don't blame the game when you try to run before catching the ball. Seems more realistic to me.
Uhh...what? So you make your wide open receivers stand idle for a sec to make sure they gathered it? Thats not the issue...
Old 09-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #4
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTeXaNsX
Uhh...what? So you make your wide open receivers stand idle for a sec to make sure they gathered it? Thats not the issue...
I have had one receiver drop an easy ball that lost me the game. Most of my drops come from me trying to turn up field before I actually have good control over the catch. I see no problem with a player dropping the ball if he takes his eyes off of it because he is thinking about that sweet TD. You have to be careful in who you pass and how you pass in this game. Though, it seems many people forget you can also run the ball some.

Switching it up helps a good bit.

Also, not throwing it towards a guy about to get Ray Lewis'd gives a pretty good chance for a catch, too.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
Banned

xTeXaNsX's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
I have had one receiver drop an easy ball that lost me the game. Most of my drops come from me trying to turn up field before I actually have good control over the catch. I see no problem with a player dropping the ball if he takes his eyes off of it because he is thinking about that sweet TD. You have to be careful in who you pass and how you pass in this game. Though, it seems many people forget you can also run the ball some.

Switching it up helps a good bit.

Also, not throwing it towards a guy about to get Ray Lewis'd gives a pretty good chance for a catch, too.
I really dont think that has to do with it. You can try to turn up field too quick 100 times with a top receiver and he will never drop a wide open pass. You can see the same wide open drops that OP is talking about happen to CPU, and their quickness of turning up field never varies.

IMO a wide open catch or drop is determined right when it touches the receiver who has 'drops open passes' trait. You might think its the player 'taking his eyes off the ball' when actually the drop trait gets triggered, it clanks off his hands, and he keeps running for a sec. It seems like the issue is this trait being triggered too often to seem realistic. Like OP said, no pro player should be dropping 3 passes in a row in 0 traffic.

Last edited by xTeXaNsX; 09-07-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
See what you didnt know is that I never switch to the receiver for that reason. Plus i chose to be a player CCM so there is no possible way of me controlling the wr. Its all cpu.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTeXaNsX
I really dont think that has to do with it. You can try to turn up field too quick 100 times with a top receiver and he will never drop a wide open pass. You can see the same wide open drops that OP is talking about happen to CPU, and their quickness of turning up field never varies.

IMO a wide open catch or drop is determined right when it touches the receiver who has 'drops open passes' trait. You might think its the player 'taking his eyes off the ball' when actually the drop trait gets triggered, it clanks off his hands, and he keeps running for a sec. It seems like the issue is this trait being triggered too often to seem realistic. Like OP said, no pro player should be dropping 3 passes in a row in 0 traffic.
I actually forgot about that trait. You are probably right maybe that is what triggers it. Is there any way of turning it off? And why in the world would anybody want to purchase that trait?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice wall of text. Who are you throwing to anyways? I noticed this in the demo but haven't had an issue in retail. I also don't see how the new passing system would effect players dropping the ball. Are you hitting these guys in the numbers are are they having to reach out for some of these passes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »