Home

Game plays pretty much perfect at default.

This is a discussion on Game plays pretty much perfect at default. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #17
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Game plays pretty much perfect at default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
He said tuning but theres a difference between gameplay/AI tuning and CCM logic tuning and I believe most of the difference from Offline and Online CCM is with regard to the AI Logic in the front end CCM management of team stuff such as who to sign/cut and the XP gains from certain goals. Those things they have mentioned tweaking in Online CCM but I have yet to see anyone from EA mention they tweaking the in-game AI using a tuning update in online CCMs.

If people see a difference today that is great and maybe they have but it makes no sense sneaking in changes and not telling us. They should have a changelog or something to make us aware of what exactly is updated I don't get why they want to keep the updates a mystery makes no sense and just creates speculation. Maybe the speculation is good for business
Definitely helps them out I would think. After all, if they didn't apply a tuner update to gameplay but people on here are saying it feels better, all of a sudden the attitude of many toward the game will change
Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Definitely helps them out I would think. After all, if they didn't apply a tuner update to gameplay but people on here are saying it feels better, all of a sudden the attitude of many toward the game will change
placebo all day haha
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just played a game on all madden online ccm with sliders favoring the CPU and I won 48 to 3. I saw his thread after and so didn't have it on default sliders, but nothing has changed fr as I can tell.

I'm not an elite player by any stretch and have always been an all pro guy. I'm not seeing what the op is unfortunately.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
MVP

dpower15's Arena

I just finished one half vs the Redskins and it feels pretty similar as far as CPU play calling and run ability. Other than that I think I have my sliders/difficulty dialed in pretty well as I'm down 10-7 at the half with 15 min, 15 sec play clock, and all madden.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

When I saw the slider thread about all-pro default for online CCM, I was skeptical at first, but I'll be darned if it didn't give a great game. I only changed two gameplay sliders a few tics and that was it. Everything else including fatigue, threshold, subs, etc. are default, and I'm seeing pretty good results.

I haven't played since last weekend, but are any of you suggesting that if they did tweak something, it *might* have included changes to the cpu pass/run ratio? I suspect you're not, but just checking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say game play is perfect, but I'm seeing a lot of good things the more I play. Usually it's the other way around; the more I play the more it begins to crumble. Very satisfied with this year's version.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
MVP

dpower15's Arena

Finished my game. Must say that either my slider set up or something has made the CPU run game decent on All Madden. The only complaint I have from the game is that the CPU was being predictable with its play calling (a wide spread issue per these boards). However, I usually play man coverage every play so even with the predictability their run stats came out as follows:

Helu Jr: 26 car, 110 yards, 4.2 avg, 55 yard long, 2 btk
Royster: 7 car, 14 yards, 2.0 avg, 6 yard long
Griffin III: 3 car, 13 yards, 4.3 avg, 8 yard long (all scrambles, which were limited by my QB spy most of the game)

The also ran 32 pass plays, so it was a 33 run - 32 pass split (considering Griffin's 3 runs were actually on pass play calls). Their defense was also brutal, holding Richardson to 4.0 ypc which was only that high due to 2-3 15 or so yard runs that I just made some great cuts on.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Finished my game. Must say that either my slider set up or something has made the CPU run game decent on All Madden. The only complaint I have from the game is that the CPU was being predictable with its play calling (a wide spread issue per these boards). However, I usually play man coverage every play so even with the predictability their run stats came out as follows:

Helu Jr: 26 car, 110 yards, 4.2 avg, 55 yard long, 2 btk
Royster: 7 car, 14 yards, 2.0 avg, 6 yard long
Griffin III: 3 car, 13 yards, 4.3 avg, 8 yard long (all scrambles, which were limited by my QB spy most of the game)

The also ran 32 pass plays, so it was a 33 run - 32 pass split (considering Griffin's 3 runs were actually on pass play calls). Their defense was also brutal, holding Richardson to 4.0 ypc which was only that high due to 2-3 15 or so yard runs that I just made some great cuts on.
Was this on all-madden or all-pro?

The Op's was on all-pro.

Just checking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »