Home

Justin Blackmon development rating...

This is a discussion on Justin Blackmon development rating... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Justin Blackmon development rating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by csice
You guys who agree with this are stupid plain and simple. This isn't a "how good will Blackmon be" thread, this is about consistency. Why is Mohammed Sanu a quick if Blackmon is normal? Answer that. If you can answer that legitimately then I will forget all this. Sure, you can argue he doesn't deserve quick, but then no other rookie does either. Also to those who say...well, someone needs to be a bust, you can't make that decision for the player. Even so, Blackmon is going to be the only bust then? Lastly those of you saying it's no big deal, it's just the developer's opinion, lets see the top 10 pick of your team get set to normal so he can't progress like the rest of the rookies and see how you feel about it. If you try to rationalize this you are just wrong.
Sorry bro both the Jets top 2 picks quinten coples and stephen Hill are set to normal.....Coples had an excellent pre season showing and Hill is a raw athlete with great size 6'4 speed and weight 225. By the way did you see his first game? those 2 TDs? Best rookie receiver performance with and has a crappy QB too lol

Oh yea and I didn't b!tch so your point is moot
Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #90
Rookie

And Justin Blackmon has 79 yards in 4 games and no TDs. He seems to be developing nicely.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:25 AM   #91
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
I drafted a WR as the 9th pick and he turned out to have a slow development rating which SUCKS! He was an 81 overall though so that was okay but it takes so long to progress players with low development ratings... I tried to wait it out and gather the 50,000xp to bump the rating up but that seriously could have taken seasons. I just through it all into other important areas and got him up to around 87 so far in his 5 year.
Sounds like Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin. Very effective players early but never amounted to much long term. Neither became a top WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #92
Banned

Nothing personal Gatorfan but looks like EA has been pretty spot on so far with Blackmon...I mean the Normal rating at this point is kind of generous for him haha
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
Nothing personal Gatorfan but looks like EA has been pretty spot on so far with Blackmon...I mean the Normal rating at this point is kind of generous for him haha
I'd say his overall rating and current ratings are too high, and I'd still say they are too quick to give him normal considering players that do not even get pt are quick.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #94
Pro

OVR: 21

Holy late into a post Batman.

Personally, I felt the rating was accurate just based on what Jacksonville has done in the past.

Granted I understand much of that management and coaching staff isn't around anymore, but I would prefer track records be used as opposed to personal theory.

If that means Blackmon suffers temporarily, then so be it. Your always going to be judged by the company you keep, even if you can't control it.

I thought I saw Soward brought up in here but Matt Jones and Reggie Williams come to mind as well. Jones in particular was incredibly gifted, personal issues might have contributed to the issue but I think some of that blame gets put on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »