Home

Justin Blackmon development rating...

This is a discussion on Justin Blackmon development rating... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Justin Blackmon development rating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
to me it would be boring and even more unrealistic to make every top 10 player be good to great. It sucks it was your team they picked, but you still decide his future with your play. He is still a really good player for a rookie! he puts up good numbers for me so by my play he is not a bust! Infact he starts out fairly high for a rookie so he has a higher floor but a lower ceiling then other WR. Its funny how you say you have to spend 50K pts for something that he shoudl have right after you get done agreeing no one knows the future....but by the comment you are saying you knwo the future! You willing to bet everything your own he is not a bust? By the way he doesn't have b- potential when he starts out an 80 lol thats his current play B-

other players rated lower with a better development happens all the time! Look at victor cruz!
If I don't control him and he is a comp CCM he is a bust 100% of the time.

With a Quick Dev trait it is 50-50, which I think is more fair considering his draft position and expectations. Sometimes with the Quick Dev guys develop, sometime 'bust' and you see then on FA. At least then he would have a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
If I don't control him and he is a comp CCM he is a bust 100% of the time.

With a Quick Dev trait it is 50-50, which I think is more fair considering his draft position and expectations. Sometimes with the Quick Dev guys develop, sometime 'bust' and you see then on FA. At least then he would have a chance.
A guy who is rated 80+ for his entire career is not a bust! he may not be a satr but certainly not a bust! If you don't play with him why do you care???? Also it has no bearing on him in real life it is a game! If he does well this year on Madden 14 he will have a different rating with a different development trait...possibly superstar if he has a stud yr....its really not that big of an issue because the fact is at this point in time you cannot tell the madden people they are wrong because you don't know! infact they probably know more then you so there guess is most likely more probable then yours.....at least wait until week 5 of the NFL season....see what he is for christ sake!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #43
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

He's shown he's good so far in preseason. The rosters always miss out on depth and certain teams.

The Jaguars new starting RT was rated a 59, when he played better as an UDFA then Guy Whimper.

Sometimes it takes weeks for Donny to get players adjusted in ratings, which is understandable, if all he did was listen to teams talk about players in practice, they make everyone sound good.

I remember a few years ago, when Uche Nwaneri took over as the starter at RG, he personally had to tweet to Donny Moore to upgrade his ratings, and he'd been the starter for about 4 weeks.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Dont know if this was mentioned, but there is absolutely NO way that Chandler Jones of the Patriots is a 66 OVR in the patriots scheme. Also why does he not have quick or superstar development, when Mike Mayock and half the draft analysts said he may end up being the best defensive player in this draft a few years from now. I'd say how fast he's progressing warrants a quick development. Also, as a 66 overall he still managed to get 8 sacks in his rookie season in my CCM. That warrants a boost.

Last edited by jwagner82; 09-07-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
Dont know if this was mentioned, but there is absolutely NO way that Chandler Jones of the Patriots is a 66 OVR in the patriots scheme. Also why does he not have quick or superstar development, when Mike Mayock and half the draft analysts said he may end up being the best defensive player in this draft a few years from now. I'd say how fast he's progressing warrants a quick development. Also, as a 66 overall he still managed to get 8 sacks in his rookie season in my CCM. That warrants a boost.
Overall is a flawed, imperfect system. Add in how much scheme plays into it in CCM and you basically have to throw it out the window. Jones' base rating I believe is 75 (if you look outside of CCM) so he's not really underrated from that. Its just that what the game defaults the Patriots RE scheme to be Madden doesn't think he's a great fit. If you want his OVR to bump up you can manually change the scheme to something that fits Jones better. I realize that at the moment the scheme doesn't save, but I'm assuming thats a first or second patch fix from EA.

All sorts of complaints on here about CCM, but even with all of its flaws Madden 13 is by far the best next-gen Madden game (still would take franchise mode in Madden 08 on original Xbox over anything, but oh well). I told myself I wouldn't buy Madden last year and a friend convinced me it was great. Turned on franchise mode and hated myself for throwing $60 down the drain. I told myself I would never buy Madden again. When I heard about CCM I got suckered in again and I don't regret spending the money even for a second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
A guy who is rated 80+ for his entire career is not a bust! he may not be a satr but certainly not a bust! If you don't play with him why do you care???? Also it has no bearing on him in real life it is a game! If he does well this year on Madden 14 he will have a different rating with a different development trait...possibly superstar if he has a stud yr....its really not that big of an issue because the fact is at this point in time you cannot tell the madden people they are wrong because you don't know! infact they probably know more then you so there guess is most likely more probable then yours.....at least wait until week 5 of the NFL season....see what he is for christ sake!
Exactly. an 80+ receiver isn't a bust. Tell me, though, what does Blackmon project to be? I think the guy(s) who said Michael Crabtree hit the nail on the head. He was a great college wideout without elite size or speed. He shocked everybody by running a sub 4.5 forty time because he doesn't play to that speed. That doesn't mean that he's not really good, but he's never going to be a downfield threat the way a Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones will be, so what's his ceiling? Anquan Bolden? TJ Houshmanzadeh? Receivers who were really good for a long time with really good QBs whose play declined when they stopped playing with a great quarterback and across from another stud receiver and when they got a step or two slower? At no time were Bolden or Housh ever "superstar" receivers. They were both really good in the right scheme, but they had weapons around them that contributed to their success. Maybe Blackmon should be a quick development guy, but it brings me back to the guys who always freaked out with the old potential ratings who would say "well potential is stupid because if my F potential running back runs for 17 thousand yards in a season he still cant get any better than a 59 overall." But if he's getting 17 thousand yards in a season, who cares what his overall is? If Blackmon is getting 1000 yard simmed seasons, why does it matter if his overall doesn't go up?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 6

Heres my unproffesional/Non ESPN Analyist view. Blackmon was picked so high because he most likely won't be a bust. With that said I think the ceiling is lower on him. In my eyes I see his ceiling being a very underwhelming number 1 or An above average number 2. His bottom is a fringe number 2 and maybe he could work his way into the slot. (Unlikely.)

I'm not saying he can't be a superstar because of his speed that is completley false speed isn't everything just ask..

Welker (4.65), Driver (4.45), Marshall (4.52), Colston (4.55), Fitzgerald (4.63), Boldin (4.71), Heck Jerry Rice (4.71), Hines Ward (4.55), Amani Toomer (4.49), Nicks (4.51) certainly isn't a burner.. And the list goes on and on thats just some I thought of at the top of my head..

If he can learn to use his body on jump balls, run great routes and if he continues to use his soft hands he could be a Good NFL player.. Most likely not a superstar. He isn't a risk like Alshon Jeffery and Stephen Hill, but his ceiling isn't as high as either. I still do think he should have the 'Quick' development rating.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

It seemed most of what i was hearing on blackmon going into the draft, which is still where most info on him is from cause it is where he has been most watched to date, was that he was the most nfl ready wr in the class which ea showed with the highest starting overall of the wrs in the class. also it seemed to be thought that his lack of measurable, great size, great speed least going back and looking at the tape, etc. would limit him to being, as was mentioned before, about the level of a guy like tj houzamada, can be a mid to lower end #1 or a top end #2 and can be very good with the right pieces around him.

the major problem i see with him from what has been said here is that despite being good enough already to produce the cpu so overvalues the de trait that they undervalue him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »