Home

Justin Blackmon development rating...

This is a discussion on Justin Blackmon development rating... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Justin Blackmon development rating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf28
Somewhat off-topic, but Darrelle Revis is apparently not consistent and has no confidence. Darrelle Revis not having confidence is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

The reason I bring this up is that these things wouldn't be at all problematic if they could be edited. Even if there is no editing players in CCM, there needs to be the option to edit the rosters before starting CCM, including the development trait, and using the edited roster.
Is this really true? There has probably never been more of a consistent CB at a high level in the NFL then revis! when the dude is talked about with Deon and has a case for being even the better as the best CB ever he should be high in everything!

Funny because I am only in week 8 put so far cromartie has earned mroe XP then revis?

Unlike this other dude I am jets fan and play with him but revis is still really good in the game so I don't b!tch about it!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
In fact their are other WR's in the 1st round who received the "Quick" dev rating. How is it that the guy most considered to be far and away the best WR in the draft, has worse Dev ratings that the guys behind him?
He is not considered by everyone to be far and away the best player. He doesn't have elite speed, nor elite height at only 6'0. His 3-cone drill was an uninspiring 7.13. That time was worse than Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, and even Fletcher Cox! If you are losing foot races to defensive tackles as a wide receiver, you may not be a superstar developer.

I had the good fortune of watching him from the field several times in college, and I never came away thinking he was going to be one of the best WRs in a class. A lot of really productive college players don't really pan out in the pros or just have an average career. He seems to be closer to Michael Crabtree than Randy Moss.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup
He is not considered by everyone to be far and away the best player. He doesn't have elite speed, nor elite height at only 6'0. His 3-cone drill was an uninspiring 7.13. That time was worse than Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, and even Fletcher Cox! If you are losing foot races to defensive tackles as a wide receiver, you may not be a superstar developer.

I had the good fortune of watching him from the field several times in college, and I never came away thinking he was going to be one of the best WRs in a class. A lot of really productive college players don't really pan out in the pros or just have an average career. He seems to be closer to Michael Crabtree than Randy Moss.
Jesus, do people have blinders on or reading comprehension problems?

For starters, a footrace isnt a shuttle time, chief. That is quickness. Footrace implies Fletcher Cox is going to be running stride from stride on a fly route.

Secondly, I said that he should be 'quick' at least if the others behind him are. I am not singling him out so much as I was asking for consistency.

All of these dumb replies keep talking about how he is rightfully graded at a 'normal' and point to his flaws and bust potential. So your telling me that Sanu, Gordon, etc should be rated as better? Do they not have flaws and bust potential? Not once has anyone bothered to acknowledge the big picture, or consistency, in their replies. Everyone keeps breaking him down like a scout, and ignoring the other guys. Sanu for example is much slower than Blackmon, and has far more flaws. He simply wasnt/isnt as good of a player as Blackmon was. So my entire point is that if Sanu, Gordon, Wright, Floyd, etc are all going to be 'Quick' then Blackmon should at least get that too. Otherwise, someone explain it. Someone give me a breakdown of why Sanu, Gordon, Floyd, Wright, etc should be quick, but not Blackmon. Give me the justification. Please, humor me.

I've seen a lot of 'he could bust', he may not be anything more than a mediocre #1 or great #2, etc. But are you saying that the others behind him arent just as likely to bust if not more likely? Are you saying that they profile as potentially being better than a mediocre #1 or great #2? Otherwise, why is Blackmon lower?

Please, quit looking at this in a tunnel, and look at the big picture. This isnt just a Blackmon argument. Like I said earlier, he was essentially started off with a B- potential, whereas Sanu and others are given A- based on?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
Jesus, do people have blinders on or reading comprehension problems?

For starters, a footrace isnt a shuttle time, chief. That is quickness. Footrace implies Fletcher Cox is going to be running stride from stride on a fly route.

He isn't as quick as a DT. That is a problem.

The shuttle is a race conducted with your feet. Hence the word footrace.

Being able to quickly adjust directions is a lot more important for a WR than a DT, but Blackmon apparently isn't that good.

Quote:
Secondly, I said that he should be 'quick' at least if the others behind him are. I am not singling him out so much as I was asking for consistency.
You are a Jags homer. We get it. He isn't as good as you think. Quit crying like a little girl. They decided he isn't as good as the hype and he didn't get the trait.

Last edited by Soup; 09-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
You are a Jags homer. We get it. He isn't as good as you think. Quit crying like a little girl. They decided he isn't as good as the hype and he didn't get the trait.
You have reading comprehension problems and didn't have a reasonable answer for my response. I get it. I've clarified numerous times I'm not a Jags fan. Try reading, and replying with something of substance next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan89
You have reading comprehension problems and didn't have a reasonable answer for my response. I get it. I've clarified numerous times I'm not a Jags fan. Try reading, and replying with something of substance next time.
Maybe this will help you:

Receiver without elite speed, quickness, height, weight or agility that struggles to learn the playbook will not be a quick or superstar at developing.

Was that simple enough for you to understand?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
He isn't as quick as a DT. That is a problem.
Also, this is f'ing stupid. The following players ran 3 cone drills slower than Cox...

Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Roddy White

I'm sure there are plenty more.

The following ran nearly an identical 3 cone (less than .05 seconds faster)

Larry Fitzgerald
Marques Colston
Dwayne Bowe
AJ Green

-----------------------------------

Yeah its a REAL PROBLEM that they arent any quicker than a Defensive Tackle. Am I right???
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe this will help you:

Receiver without elite speed, quickness, height, weight or agility that struggles to learn the playbook will not be a quick or superstar at developing.

Was that simple enough for you to understand?
Then why is Sanu?

And Blackmon ran a 4.39 and a 4.46 40. He may not be quick, but speed isnt an issue, nor is size/height, nor is strength, hands, ability to go up and get the ball, etc. I cant believe you said height/size. He is taller and heavier than the average NFL receiver.

Even when he came out they said that he makes of for his lack of quickness off the line with his strength cause CB's cant jam him.

You essentially just tried to be dramatic and acted like you are describing an undrafted D3 bum. Please, if you cant form a reasonable thought, just stop posting. Its ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »