Home

My love/hate relationship with CCM

This is a discussion on My love/hate relationship with CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: My love/hate relationship with CCM

Am I alone in finding CCM to be somewhat scripted? I've started a few times and the same stuff has happened. I first thought it might be when I found out nothing could be edited which suggested that it would disrupt the flow of what was supposed to happen. It's not so ridiculous when you consider how draft classes have become so scripted in recent years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408

But aside from that, my point is, I didn't want change, I got change, and the change is inferior to what I had previously, so I am going to vocalize my displeasure with it.

Connected Careers may be fun, but it doesn't even come close to offering me what I want from a career mode. Meanwhile, last year's "stale" Franchise Mode offered me exactly what I wanted from such a mode, and would have been nearly perfect with a few minor tweaks to a few key areas.
Exactly my point. I, I, I, etc....... This is what I want, etc......

No, I'm not speaking directly to you. I would like a game tailored to my wants and needs, too.

No one is stopping you vocalizing your displeasure in the last three months, are they?

And some people might find change can be good, too.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
Am I alone in finding CCM to be somewhat scripted? I've started a few times and the same stuff has happened. I first thought it might be when I found out nothing could be edited which suggested that it would disrupt the flow of what was supposed to happen. It's not so ridiculous when you consider how draft classes have become so scripted in recent years.
No, you're not alone. CCM is incredibly scripted. It is so scripted that the CPU tries to make roster moves for me to play out their scripted twitter stories, by constantly putting my players on the trading block without input from me, and automatically putting them back on the trading block when I take them off, all because it's supposed to play out a story. :facepalm:
Old 09-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Exactly my point. I, I, I, etc....... This is what I want, etc......

No, I'm not speaking directly to you. I would like a game tailored to my wants and needs, too.

No one is stopping you vocalizing your displeasure in the last three months, are they?

And some people might find change can be good, too.
I don't know, you have people like bkrich, and others, who constantly go after anyone with a negative opinion, labeling them as "complainers". bkrich went so far as to call me a troll because I'm not happy about Connected Careers.

It makes it even worse when I had what I wanted out of a football game once, then it was eliminated by EA via exclusive licenses, and then later on I had the mode I wanted in Madden with Franchise Mode, and now EA eliminates it again.

EA has a habit of taking away what I want in NFL games, and forcing down my throat things I don't want. It's very frustrating that this is the only NFL game on the market for me to choose from when year in and year out, what I want is constantly ignored.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #69
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I don't know, you have people like bkrich, and others, who constantly go after anyone with a negative opinion, labeling them as "complainers". bkrich went so far as to call me a troll because I'm not happy about Connected Careers.

It makes it even worse when I had what I wanted out of a football game once, then it was eliminated by EA via exclusive licenses, and then later on I had the mode I wanted in Madden with Franchise Mode, and now EA eliminates it again.

EA has a habit of taking away what I want in NFL games, and forcing down my throat things I don't want. It's very frustrating that this is the only NFL game on the market for me to choose from when year in and year out, what I want is constantly ignored.
I hear you and understand, but that is taking the thread into a whole different area.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #70
Banned

The point is, it's not too much to ask for EA to make the game for us individually. We are all paying the same $60 for this game.

Especially when the game previously offered us what we wanted, and changed it to something that meets our needs less than before, when we didn't ask for change.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #71
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
The point is, it's not too much to ask for EA to make the game for us individually. We are all paying the same $60 for this game.

Especially when the game previously offered us what we wanted, and changed it to something that meets our needs less than before, when we didn't ask for change.
Who is us?

Us as in OS, us who have the loudest voices or us in 5 million people?

I've never had a game made for me individually while sharing it with 5 million other people. I've had to put up with what other people like or enjoy. Tony Bruno, newspapers, etc.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #72
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
For about the 80th time, there is a Connected Careers Impressions thread at the top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »