Home

Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do cornerbacks matter in Madden 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
I also like guys who make plays. I've had Landry on the Jets make great coverage plays, even though his core coverage isn't great and he's a S. I think it's a combination of ratings and the quality of your coverage will deal with the offensive play call, the defensive play call, and your defensive player stats.

Basically, there isn't really a certian type of CB that = shutdown. It's really what your D enforces. If you constantly give up runs and have to defend 3rd and shorts you'll want a different set of CBs than if you are a team that forces the pass most of the time. If you CB fits your entire D strategy then they'll be more valuable then a guy who is perfect in only 1 aspect of the game.
Com'on dude your the jets you should know there is one type of CB = Shutdown....that type is REVIS!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Anytime a corner is in press coverage, he gets beat deep. At least that is all I have seen in the game. If you have press coverage and no safety help over top, your getting beat by a streak down the field.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
Anytime a corner is in press coverage, he gets beat deep. At least that is all I have seen in the game. If you have press coverage and no safety help over top, your getting beat by a streak down the field.
True in 99% of situations just like in the real NFL.

Pressing in Madden is even riskier though until they fix the #2 CB press bug. If you try to press with him you will give up the deep ball no matter who you are covering (even if it is a slow WR like Boldin)
Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
I wouldn't say the overall matters that much . But certain stats inside of their overall rating do matter a lot . For example the raiders , they are so fast and have decent hands that you end up throwing picks left and right if youn aren't careful.
What? Bartell and spencer are under 90 speed....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »