Home

Nothing between Press and Off coverage?

This is a discussion on Nothing between Press and Off coverage? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Nothing between Press and Off coverage?

Why does it seem when I play man that there are certain routes that I'll face if I'm in either press or man off coverage? Seems like if I come out in Cover 1/2 Man I'll likely face curls outside if my coverage is off, yet if I press I'll face streaks downfield.

Is there really no way I can line up on the WRs and take away the curl route without having to play in the messed up press coverage? Whenever the man coverage is off it means curl = money (unless a user is that db, but then again, he'll only be on 1 of the wide outs). Only other off coverage that stops this is when the CB is playing deep but another LB/DB plays underneath to jump the curl.

If I missed it my bad, but really, is there no way I can just play up on a WR? Cause pressing is not a real option. When you press, the S come in too, which means when you get beat (and yes, legit CBs will get torched) the S are out of position and it's big plays.

Don't see why I can't play S over top and just press outside. Sure there are ways to adjust you coverage per man, but realistically when you play another User you don't have this luxury.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 09-08-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Nothing between Press and Off coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Why does it seem when I play man that there are certain routes that I'll face if I'm in either press or man off coverage? Seems like if I come out in Cover 1/2 Man I'll likely face curls outside if my coverage is off, yet if I press I'll face streaks downfield.

Is there really no way I can line up on the WRs and take away the curl route without having to play in the messed up press coverage? Whenever the man coverage is off it means curl = money (unless a user is that db, but then again, he'll only be on 1 of the wide outs). Only other off coverage that stops this is when the CB is playing deep but another LB/DB plays underneath to jump the curl.

If I missed it my bad, but really, is there no way I can just play up on a WR? Cause pressing is not a real option. When you press, the S come in too, which means when you get beat (and yes, legit CBs will get torched) the S are out of position and it's big plays.

Don't see why I can't play S over top and just press outside. Sure there are ways to adjust you coverage per man, but realistically when you play another User you don't have this luxury.
Try picking man press plays man. You don't have to manually press with these plays and the CB lines up in his regular spot so your opponent doesn't know that you're playing press coverage. They also play better coverage after the press with this as well. I guess because the play is programmed to press. I don't know why, but I noticed they work better.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Just move your safety back into spot so where he is close to line but still has enough space to turn and run to defend deep zone without getting burned.

the faster the Wr the more distance u need it also depends if you CB's have a high press rating and the Wr's release rate.

if your cbs have the advantage u can keep the safety usually the SS in the box but not all the way in as if u were play the run.

If the WR's have the advantage u can move in a lil closer from original spot however don't move no further than the ground your player can cover to where he has a step or two on you.

Also keep the WR lined on the outside of your Safety shoulder so where u can play in slants or routes that come in middle of field but still be able to make a play on balls thrown to sideline.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
You can hot route individual DB to play off/bump/shade u kno
Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Try picking man press plays man. You don't have to manually press with these plays and the CB lines up in his regular spot so your opponent doesn't know that you're playing press coverage. They also play better coverage after the press with this as well. I guess because the play is programmed to press. I don't know why, but I noticed they work better.
Well that's not what I want. What I'm saying is there is no way to disguise straight up man coverage. Either you are 10 yards off or you line up in their face. So if I see off coverage I know that there's a chance curls are wide open. Either it's man, which means curls are money, or it's Zone with a defender coming up underneath. Not hard to notice right off the bat.

My problem is playing cover 2 man and it looking like cover 2 man. If I run this my CBs hang out with an 8 yard cushion. It does me no good, unless I'm running a zone it's an easy completion. Why should I have to PRESS or call or Press default formation if I want my DBs to line up on the line of scrummage.

If I have good CBs, I want to line up on the LOS because it makes people audible out of the curl routes because they aren't sure if it's press or regular coverage. As of now, any off coverage = Man or Zone, if it's Man it's an easy curl route, if it's zone you tell on the snap and your other routes are open.

All I want is D alignments to be less transparent.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »