Home

defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

This is a discussion on defensive line pass rush moves (help needed) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: defensive line pass rush moves (help needed)

First, I won't delve into how I think line play is the biggest abomination of next gen madden but I think the idea of having the block shed button the same as the hit stick is a very idiotic layout imo. So many times i've disengaged with out registering it right away (I play on fast) and then I flick the stick for a move only to stumble toward the qb and screw up a would be sack.

I don't see why they don't assign the moves to bumpers and triggers.
L1 - Rip
R1 - Swim
L2 - Spin
R2- Club/bull rush
Would of made things much better. Instead many of us get thrown by the olineman and we have the daunting task of finding out why because there are no tutorials from EA for some bizarre reason.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Duhitsrandy

Can you give a bit more explanation kinda step by step?
Would help a lot
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
First, I won't delve into how I think line play is the biggest abomination of next gen madden but I think the idea of having the block shed button the same as the hit stick is a very idiotic layout imo. So many times i've disengaged with out registering it right away (I play on fast) and then I flick the stick for a move only to stumble toward the qb and screw up a would be sack.

I don't see why they don't assign the moves to bumpers and triggers.
L1 - Rip
R1 - Swim
L2 - Spin
R2- Club/bull rush
Would of made things much better. Instead many of us get thrown by the olineman and we have the daunting task of finding out why because there are no tutorials from EA for some bizarre reason.
I completely agree. Hit stick and pass rush moves need to be mapped to different controls. Like you said either move pass rush/block shed moves to the bumpers or move hit stick to the bumper.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Seems like people are having mixed results.

A few questions:
Do you have auto sprint on or off?
What is your blockshed slider at?
Do you take control of you dl as soon as the ball is snapped or wait for the cpu to engage for you?
Do you hit sprint?
Do you hit strafe?

I keep getting mixed results. Sometimes when i rush i get tossed sometimes i can get free. My technique is manual rush into the tackles outside shoulder with LS then release and move LS down while moving RS down at the same time. I dont get a bullrush animation but usually a shoulder slap and rip.

If you try to speed rush dont hold turbo while you are being engaged or its an auto pancake. I hold turbo till i get even with the tackles then try to set him up by faking inside and going outside or vice versa with the LS.

Using LBs is a completely different story no matter what i try i cant get pressure or get off a block on a run play

I play with the block shed slider at 35

I wish ea would come out and tell us how to rush/get off blocks...or maybe its just broken and random and they know it.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #21
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

At least in Madden 12, the sliders matter more than the moves themselves. Also, in Madden12, pushing up or down is a waste of time. Even with 100 pass rush and 0 AI pass blocking, pressing up or down was asking to get thrown to the ground. However, watching the animation and engagement of your player with the offensive lineman and trying to shed off of the correct side you have your weight to by pressing left or right made a huge difference.

I use 95 User Pass rushing. 100 was too good and 90 wasn't enough. With 95 [in Madden 12] elite user pass rushers matter while those who aren't can only be successful against poor linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thanks for the help thus far more input would be great
Old 09-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Practice mode? I didn't know there was a practice mode. Where's that? (SRS)
It doesn't show up on the quick Play Now screen on the main menu. You have to use the r-stick to move over to the Play Now option on the top menu and then you will see it. I couldn't find it either the first time I looked for it.

I do agree with the one poster who said only use the l-stick and then speed burst. I've had success after reading about this tip. The r-stick does nothing but cause problems. You usually fall down and may even trigger your DBs to run commit and leave WRs running free downfield. I'd recommend not using it at all which is a shame.

I agree with the other poster about using a DL system to map four specific moves for you to use while on the line. EA needs to add this. Stop being so obsessed with mapping all our controls to the r-stick which is limited.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm glad others are having this issue. I've been playing as Dareus on the Bills and having very little success in putting pressure on opposing quarterbacks (like real life? FML ). When I see "L3" and "R3" I think click, but it doesn't seem to matter if you move the left/right sticks or click them. The best success I've had? Holding the R3 stick down before the play begins and moving the left stick to try and get past the lineman. Usually with some combination of the sprint button. This is the only way I've been able to consistently get penetration from a d-lineman (pass or otherwise).

I've randomly gotten spin moves and other animations but couldn't tell you how I did it or if it was contextual based on the situation. Similarly, does anyone know if you should be holding the stick, release and then flick (timing, basically), or repeatedly flick? When I repeatedly flick the right stick Dareus falls flat on his face, or like others have mentioned the game thinks it's the hit stick and I tackle open air. Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »