Home

Ok so now what? (Penalty Cap Question)

This is a discussion on Ok so now what? (Penalty Cap Question) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Ok so now what? (Penalty Cap Question)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel you OP so here is a trick that used to work back in the day in Madden franchise, so give it a try. Whenever the season is over, when the cap penalty kicks in, switch the Saints to CPU control, then the AI should straighten it out. I am trying to remember exactly when it is to do it but can't.

In franchise there used to be some point where if a User teams doesn't have the required players to continue and no money to sign anyone due to the cap penalty. Try it at that point and as a matter of fact, you don't have to "retire" control to do it, just switch "fill roster" to CPU control in the settings. Hopes this helps and let me know if it still works.
Thanks man I will..
Old 09-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Well OP you peaked my curiosity so I cut a bunch of players to accrue a large cap penalty and simmed to the next season.

First off, I just realized the minimum total active players each team has to carry in CCM is only 27. Also there seems to be a certain amount of money aside from the salary cap just for signing Rookies. Long story short, the AI never offered me the chance to let the CPU fill my roster. I even cut ALL the QBs from my team, just to see what would happen and the AI automatically signed me a QB for the game. Also, when I got to the draft with no money, aside from the Rookie side money or whatever, the AI just filled my roster "holes" with drafted players.

With only needing to carry 27 total players and the rookie money, a one year cap penalty doesn't seem to slow the CCM down at all. Not to mention, I think you can go in and renegotiate contracts with existing players to try to free up as much space as you can. So if someone has cut Drew Brees but you were able to sign him back, the only issue is the Saints won't really be viable in Free Agency or able to negotiate expiring contracts without making more room.

I hope that stuff makes sense, if not, I will try to clarify.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 16

Big FN Deal making Big FN Deal's seem more manageable! Good job bro!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »