Home

Connected Careers Website

This is a discussion on Connected Careers Website within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Connected Careers Website

Any update on when the coming soon section of the website will go live? Also the website kinda sucks as our league used a 3rd party site and it was 100 times better than this EA crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

RustyShark's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Connected Careers Website

Yea the website is pretty horrible. Even though its a work in progress it doesn't look like it will be very good.

It is SO slow and doesn't really make sense.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

I was just about to post if anyone knew when this site would go beyond the "beta" stage. I would like to be able to view other teams rosters from the site. I'm tired of looking at my own players.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'm definitely curious as to when we can get it out of the beta stage as well. Would like to be able to scout, see the rest of the league, and do some more things online. I keep checking every few days, but no luck.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice256
Any update on when the coming soon section of the website will go live? Also the website kinda sucks as our league used a 3rd party site and it was 100 times better than this EA crap.
Just an fyi.
I did a podcast last night and had Josh Looman on. I asked him about future enhancements to the site, as well as optimizing it for speed, because it was horribly slow.

He said that the site would be "supported" during this year, and that we'd see enhancements, but he would not give a time frame, or discuss what sort of features we'd see. He also mentioned he wasn't aware of any effort to optimize the site for speed.

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

"he wasn't aware of any effort to optimize the site for speed."

Fail...

Anywho, I checked out the site for the first time today and was impressed at first but the more I got into it, the more... unfinished it seemed. I know it's a beta but there are features on there that just don't seem to be useful like spending points. It's cool that you can upgrade your player via the site but it doesn't tell you what your current ratings are vs what each upgrade will bump you up to. You could go to your player rating screen to see them and then go back but that's not efficient at all.

Again, cool site but it needs a lot of refining.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I personally love the site, and its much easier to navigate than the madden menus. As far as progressing your player, just look at the bottom of each card and you'll see what its enhancing. Also you don't have to restart looking for the player after every time like in the menus in madden. The one thing I need from the website is a way to view salaries, and to know if negotiating contract dollars on the site actually works. I have sent out some different contract offers but I have never had any responses. Any Ideas?
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Another fail...and I doubt the commissioners get options like last year...probably will just let us manage our team or look at others...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »