Home

They don't even tackle in this game...

This is a discussion on They don't even tackle in this game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
They don't even tackle in this game...

Well, sometimes they don't. I'm tired of seeing this give up, fall down animation that the ball carrier does sometimes. The first time I saw it, it was Romo that did it so I just thought he was protecting himself from a big hit. Makes sense. But now I'm seeing everyone do it, even running backs and tight ends. They just put their head down and fall to the ground as soon as the defensive player puts a finger on them. Not only does it look dumb, but it makes it impossible for a broken tackle to occur and the play to be extended. Anyone else seeing this or am I just crazy?

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: They don't even tackle in this game...

I think there are more broken tackles in the game than they are in real life.

But the only thing I hate is seeing a CB constantly tackle someone like AP or Foster when they are 1 on 1 if someone is user controlling them.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

My only problem has been seeing too many stand up tackles. Tackles where the defender just lays it into the ball carrier with a huge shoulder charge and the offensive player falls back like he got hit with a cannonball or fumbles off that kind of tackle. That needs to be toned way down for me. There's been a few instances where my RB (AP) goes down a bit too easy from CBs or so but not too bad. I've seen a good amount wrap up tackles though.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

On a 2nd and 7 I hit Witten out in the flat, runs with a full head of steam straight at a CB and he bumps me backwards 7 yards with no momentum behind him. He goes out of bounds convienantly before the 1st down marker. Thought I would at least get forward progress.

I also see a lot of impossible falls near the first down marker that prevents me from picking up the first.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Rookie

And on the topic, I think it has to do with the players awareness. Lee and Ware rarely miss tackles as Carter and Church get ran past all the time. Now on sacks, Ware wiffs a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
Well, sometimes they don't. I'm tired of seeing this give up, fall down animation that the ball carrier does sometimes. The first time I saw it, it was Romo that did it so I just thought he was protecting himself from a big hit. Makes sense. But now I'm seeing everyone do it, even running backs and tight ends. They just put their head down and fall to the ground as soon as the defensive player puts a finger on them. Not only does it look dumb, but it makes it impossible for a broken tackle to occur and the play to be extended. Anyone else seeing this or am I just crazy?
Yeah I see it but I think it is implemented pretty well though. I have no clue what triggers it though.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Banned

Sorry to the OP but do you watch NFL games? Guys including yes RB do this all the time....its not even giving up the lean foward to get the extra yard or half yard and avoid a big hit that could cause fumble/injury/etc....not all players do it but a lot do it (esp WR against LB or safties)....also are you using the RS which makes a player lean his body?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by caballero
I say he is...

Honestly like in real life it is generally a good move unless you got a real beast as a back ala mike alstot....Just like in real life when a back gets to the next level and goes up against a LB 50+ lbs more and can not get around him the best move is to go down and preverse there body/fumbling from a big hit. try to take that guy on and 99/100 times your not going to run trough him but get yourself blown up injured/fumbled....dance around too much or get stood up and then another defender will blind side you and blow you up!

Its very realistic to go down that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »