Home

CPU Depth Chart logic is awful

This is a discussion on CPU Depth Chart logic is awful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
CPU Depth Chart logic is awful

This bothers me as much as the sim stats and no transaction log, even more actually but I don't see many people talk about it.

The CPU sucks at setting their charts. They have the LT and RT swapped in opposite positions and never have the proper backups. It's all directly tied to OVR and it doesn't even look at the position which it should be looking at first imo, then sort those guys by OVR..... it makes no sense why they have a LT playing RT, then behind him the highest OVR guy who happens to be the starting LG or some crazy ****. They also don't use 3rd down backs different than the starting HB. And youth should also matter more especially at the QB position, plenty of people have commented how in year 2 all the young guys are replaced by washed up Veteran FAs. This all really kills the immersion in CCM for as much work as they have done to improve it how hard would it be to just work on this for a week and fix those issues? they seem so easy to fix yet it goes untouched frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: CPU Depth Chart logic is awful

Yep, I use my steelers and they have my kicker as the punter and my punter as the kicker in preseason games....
Old 09-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yep, I use my steelers and they have my kicker as the punter and my punter as the kicker in preseason games....
That only happens after the first quarter when all of your first strings are taken out of the game (like happens in the real preseason). As most teams only have one kicker and punter, the other one is in the backup role and when the first string is taken out they are subbed in. This is also why you will see TEs playing FB in preseason as well.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Sorry but this has been discussed ad nauseum and doesn't need another thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »