Home

Scheduling For Future Seasons?

This is a discussion on Scheduling For Future Seasons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Scheduling For Future Seasons?

Uh, the Giants play the AFC North this year, not the AFC East.

Last edited by MrChainsaw; 10-12-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
It's EA. Do they EVER pay attention to important details in Franchise mode?
They've gotten the rotation correct in every other instance of the game. What was different this time?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
Uh, the Giants play the AFC North this year, not the AFC East.
Uh, the Giants played the AFC East last year, which means they should face them in 2015 not 2013.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
spfh is completely correct. If they can't program the simple yearly schedule cycling then it's just lazy. how was this working in previous maddens and not this one?

I had another weird schedule thing happen to me too. In my 2nd CCM season, when the season got generated, I was playing the Rams at home, then a bye week, and then the Rams again on the road! Back to back vs the same team doesn't happen in the NFL regular season schedule.

I can live with it though. but not having the schedule alternate yearly between inter conference and outer conference is just laziness.
See the Ravens schedule, @ Steelers, then the Chargers then home against the Steelers. Even though that you have the Chargers game in between, it's pretty much identical to the scenario you had, except you had a bye week between the games.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #21
Banned

On top of getting the schedule right, they should also let you schedule pre-season. I'm tired of playing the same pre-season games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
Rookie

Cutler2Marshall2012's Arena

I am in my 2nd season with the Bears and in preseason I faced the Packers and the Vikings. Divisional games in preseason? In the first six weeks of the season I face the Packers and Vikings 2 times each. I looked at the Vikings schedule and the face the Packers, Lions, and Packers again. 3 straight divisional games? Just another little thing that EA could not get right. Makes me so irritated.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler2Marshall2012
I am in my 2nd season with the Bears and in preseason I faced the Packers and the Vikings. Divisional games in preseason? In the first six weeks of the season I face the Packers and Vikings 2 times each. I looked at the Vikings schedule and the face the Packers, Lions, and Packers again. 3 straight divisional games? Just another little thing that EA could not get right. Makes me so irritated.
I was just going to mention this. 3 years in a row in my Packers franchise I have played the Bears in the pre-season.

I'm not normally one to get irate about every little detail, but to me that's pretty silly and easily avoidable by better programming.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If AAA video game development QA were as easy "code it better and fix it", it would have been done by now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »