Home

Scheduling For Future Seasons?

This is a discussion on Scheduling For Future Seasons? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Scheduling For Future Seasons?

I finished my first season in CCM (Just using Tom Coughlin and the Giants) and the off-season was much improved. But once I finished the pre-season, I noticed that the Giants schedule for 2013-14 has them facing the AFC East again. If I am not mistaken, the next time the NFC East should face the AFC East is in 2015. My question is this, are the schedules for CCM just randomized after every season? I know that they kept the right rotations for how the scheduling worked in previous Maddens.

BTW, I am not complaining, it really isn't an issue for me, I was just wondering if they maybe decided to randomize the scheduling since CCM is kind of like making your own version of the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Scheduling For Future Seasons?

I assume it's just randomized. Scheduling has always been an issue in Madden. You'll also see many teams with 4 straight away or home games.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Are you serious?! This is inexcusable. I can accept the fact that sometimes I will have too many home or away games in a row, since fixing that for schedules covering 32 teams would be difficult.

But randomizing the division you play from the opposing conference is ridiculous and extraordinarily lazy. This should cycle through the NFL's very simple pattern.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
It was like this last year too. You'd play the same games but the order would change.

I like how they ripped out the franchises guts online but hopefully next year they correct these types of nuances.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't think its completely randomized because that happened in my Jets CCM. In year 2 I played the NFC East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Are you serious?! This is inexcusable. I can accept the fact that sometimes I will have too many home or away games in a row, since fixing that for schedules covering 32 teams would be difficult.

But randomizing the division you play from the opposing conference is ridiculous and extraordinarily lazy. This should cycle through the NFL's very simple pattern.
It's so hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Yeah schedules have always been a mess.... If you don't save before your schedule is generated, you can just quit and re load and try generating another schedule, but 4-5 straight home/away games still happens a lot.

EA really is lazy regardless of what is said
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii

if you are being serious, you should not be playing video games then if this gets you upset.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

spfh is completely correct. If they can't program the simple yearly schedule cycling then it's just lazy. how was this working in previous maddens and not this one?

I had another weird schedule thing happen to me too. In my 2nd CCM season, when the season got generated, I was playing the Rams at home, then a bye week, and then the Rams again on the road! Back to back vs the same team doesn't happen in the NFL regular season schedule.

I can live with it though. but not having the schedule alternate yearly between inter conference and outer conference is just laziness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »