Home

Walsh, Vermeil, Gibbs Now Open--How Will You Use Them?

This is a discussion on Walsh, Vermeil, Gibbs Now Open--How Will You Use Them? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Walsh, Vermeil, Gibbs Now Open--How Will You Use Them?

So I decided to put Walsh back on SF and rebuild the glory days from when I was a kid and watched the early West Coast offense come into its own.

I LOVE the playbook. There are several plays in it that are blocked much better than in regular playbooks. Sweeps and counters are particularly effective in the Walsh book.

I also really love the wide range of options you have to get the backs involved in the passing game and really make the defense work.

It was also cool to use him as a coach because I could see really quickly who would have value to other teams but not mine (Ginn to NYJ in a heartbeat), as well as players who are marginal in most schemes but perfect in mine (Danny Amendola)

Anyway, I think the Walsh book is lots of fun.

I'm going to try the Vermeil book soon.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10
Yeah on PS3 mine are locked too
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

For the Oline may I suggest setting their schemes to zone blocking? That will help in the sweeps, tosses, and screens department.
Zone blocking puts more emphasis on quickness and less on strength so I think it goes well with the WCO
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
For the Oline may I suggest setting their schemes to zone blocking? That will help in the sweeps, tosses, and screens department.
Zone blocking puts more emphasis on quickness and less on strength so I think it goes well with the WCO
That's exactly what I did and I think it fits the concept very well.

Using the Walsh book and re-constructing that type of offensive personnel is super fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »