Home

Can we get sliders defined?

This is a discussion on Can we get sliders defined? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Can we get sliders defined?

Monday morning bump hoping a gamechanger will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I would love a brakedown of this also.

I think this will be ignored because they may fix the sliders when they release the patch.

Well I really hope somethings happens. I need to give the cpu a running game on my CC league.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Can a gamechanger or someone with access to the dev team request that we get a definitive list of what sliders affect and how? I'm tweaking mine game to game and I see the Slider Forum guys testing like crazy but the results are all over the place. Surely the dev guys know the answers to the slider riddle and knew we'd be asking but I haven't seen anything from them on this.
Maybe I'm missing something but they ARE defined. Fumbles seems to be backwards though.

Pass Acc-affects QB ACC

Pass Block-can increase/decrease the sustained blocking of the OL on passing plays

WR Catching-increases/decreases the chance of catches/drops

Etc.

They're all labeled when you adjust them, and as I've seen in our OLC's games they have worked out well for us, we intend to run our CCM with sliders, and have been playing on them since pre-release, see sig for details on both the sliders and our league.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Maybe I'm missing something but they ARE defined. Fumbles seems to be backwards though.

Pass Acc-affects QB ACC

Pass Block-can increase/decrease the sustained blocking of the OL on passing plays

WR Catching-increases/decreases the chance of catches/drops

Etc.

They're all labeled when you adjust them, and as I've seen in our OLC's games they have worked out well for us, we intend to run our CCM with sliders, and have been playing on them since pre-release, see sig for details on both the sliders and our league.
So you are saying the Pass Accuracy slider works in your OLC? Me and someone else tested that slider by turning it down to 0 in Play Now, CCM and OLC, it clearly worked in Play Now and CCM but in the OLC it didn't seem to have any effect. That's at 0 were the effect was drastic in Play Now and CCM but unnoticeable in OLC. I know that penalty sliders and fatigue work in OLC but Pass Accuracy didn't, not sure what else does not.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So you are saying the Pass Accuracy slider works in your OLC? Me and someone else tested that slider by turning it down to 0 in Play Now, CCM and OLC, it clearly worked in Play Now and CCM but in the OLC it didn't seem to have any effect. That's at 0 were the effect was drastic in Play Now and CCM but unnoticeable in OLC. I know that penalty sliders and fatigue work in OLC but Pass Accuracy didn't, not sure what else does not.
I've noticed the biggest differences when playing vs the CPU. I'd say our current QB slider "10" iirc allows most QB's to be accurate the biggest difference we've noticed is when trying to TPC with a QB with lower accuracy in S/M/DAC.

Vs the CPU 'play now' it seems to be more apparent on normal throws (non TPC). Now as far as definitions for how they work in each mode I'd think it be more concise to inquire about WHY is it seemingly different in each game mode.

We test mainly user vs user and will likely leave the CPU sliders at the base All-Madden (75) excluding pass rush (1-2), and another one or two which escape me, because I'm away from my notes.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I've noticed the biggest differences when playing vs the CPU. I'd say our current QB slider "10" iirc allows most QB's to be accurate the biggest difference we've noticed is when trying to TPC with a QB with lower accuracy in S/M/DAC.

Vs the CPU 'play now' it seems to be more apparent on normal throws (non TPC). Now as far as definitions for how they work in each mode I'd think it be more concise to inquire about WHY is it seemingly different in each game mode.

We test mainly user vs user and will likely leave the CPU sliders at the base All-Madden (75) excluding pass rush (1-2), and another one or two which escape me, because I'm away from my notes.
Let me ask this differently. What effect have you seen with the Pass Accuracy slider in Online Community games User v User?

When another gamer and I tested this, it had no noticeable . Are you saying it just effects touch passes in online communities?
Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Let me ask this differently. What effect have you seen with the Pass Accuracy slider in Online Community games User v User?

When another gamer and I tested this, it had no noticeable . Are you saying it just effects touch passes in online communities?
seems everything works in play now mode. sliders, all the missing features, auto pass. long live play now.

on topic. good luck trying to throw with the QBA slider below 6-5 in play now

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Can we get sliders defined?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html

This is one thing that EA could do for us that could solve so many issues.....

Please give us some slider help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »