Home

You Make The Call

This is a discussion on You Make The Call within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
You Make The Call

I was going to just make a specific post about my play but decided to make a thread where anyone can post their "questionable calls" highlights.

1. Post a video replay or pic of any questionable call you have experienced with a question of "____ or ___" and maybe a brief explanation of what actually happened.

2.To "make the call", quote the posted video/pic and the question then post your reply.

Simple
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Re: You Make The Call

Fumble or Incomplete Pass?

I was driving for a potential game winning drive with under 2 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter against the Colts in an online ranked match. Had this called a fumble, that ultimately ended my chances of a comeback.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Fumble or Incomplete Pass?

I was driving for a potential game winning drive with under 2 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter against the Colts in an online ranked match. Had this called a fumble, that ultimately ended my chances of a comeback.
I think whatever the original call on the field is probably what a real group of refs would go with. If the call is he caught it, I don't see anything that could overturn that. If the call is he dropped it, I don't see anything that could overturn that either. The angle isn't great, I don't have slow motion so I have a hard time seeing how many feet he got down.

If I had to pick though, I'd go with the catch, only because it looks like he may of gotten 2 feet down, very close. But I have no idea if he had possession or not.

edit: Change catch to fumble
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

I say Fumble!

The WR catches the ball facing the QB, but contact is made when he is facing the opposite direction. In essence, he has made a football move.

But the call on the field would probably stand. Whatever it was.

Later
Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

how do you make a video to post on here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
I think whatever the original call on the field is probably what a real group of refs would go with. If the call is he caught it, I don't see anything that could overturn that. If the call is he dropped it, I don't see anything that could overturn that either. The angle isn't great, I don't have slow motion so I have a hard time seeing how many feet he got down.

If I had to pick though, I'd go with the catch, only because it looks like he may of gotten 2 feet down, very close. But I have no idea if he had possession or not.

edit: Change catch to fumble
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I say Fumble!

The WR catches the ball facing the QB, but contact is made when he is facing the opposite direction. In essence, he has made a football move.

But the call on the field would probably stand. Whatever it was.

Later
Understandable considering this video replay but it really looks even closer when using the more detailed replay system. Really wish I had a capture device that could record the games on my tv to utilize that replay system.

Anyway, in the more detailed replay, the ball seems like it never stops moving in TE Fred Davis's hands and it all looks seamless, from catch attempt, to contact, to stripped ball. Crazy thing was that during the game, the Colts had two similar plays and both where ruled incomplete passes but this was ruled a catch and fumble. Tried to think of a fun way to get over how pissed I was about it and made this thread. Thanks for the replays.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
how do you make a video to post on here?

Directions when using the PS3/Xbox 360, EA Madden 12 website and Youtube.

*It says NCAA 12 but it also works the same way for Madden 12.

http://help.ea.com/article/create-an...-12-highlights

1. Play a full game in any mode.
  2. After the game is over, choose the option for " Highlight ."
  3. Go to " View / Create Highlight. "
  4. From here you can choose any play from the game to create a Highlight.
    * Note: You must view the highlight in its entirety to create a Highlight .*
  5. After you have completely viewed the created Highlight, you will have an option to " Add Highlight ." Save the highlight and exit, unless you have additional highlights you would like to create.
  6. After saving and exiting the game mode you're in, locate " My Madden" ." Once there, choose " EA SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS UPLOAD & SHARE REPLAYS. "
  7. Once in this menu, please select the type of Highlight you would like.
  8. After locating the desired highlight, select "Yes" and it will begin to upload to the server.
    * Note: This may take several minutes depending on the server availability .*
  9. Now you will be ready to go onto the web page and view your Highlight.
Once you have uploaded your Highlight, you may view it at http://www.easports.com and select "My Player Hub".

Then for You Tube:

1. Download and save the video highlight to your computer.
2. Upload the saved video to your You Tube channel.
3. Select "Share" located under the created You tube video, then select to "Embed?".
4. "Copy" the displayed link and "Paste" it into your OS post.

Note* You Tube is used so if you ever delete videos from your EA Player Hub, they will still exist and be viewable, wherever you may have posted them.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Directions when using the PS3/Xbox 360, EA Madden 12 website and Youtube.

*It says NCAA 12 but it also works the same way for Madden 12.

http://help.ea.com/article/create-an...-12-highlights

1. Play a full game in any mode.
  2. After the game is over, choose the option for " Highlight ."
  3. Go to " View / Create Highlight. "
  4. From here you can choose any play from the game to create a Highlight.
    * Note: You must view the highlight in its entirety to create a Highlight .*
  5. After you have completely viewed the created Highlight, you will have an option to " Add Highlight ." Save the highlight and exit, unless you have additional highlights you would like to create.
  6. After saving and exiting the game mode you're in, locate " My Madden" ." Once there, choose " EA SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS UPLOAD & SHARE REPLAYS. "
  7. Once in this menu, please select the type of Highlight you would like.
  8. After locating the desired highlight, select "Yes" and it will begin to upload to the server.
    * Note: This may take several minutes depending on the server availability .*
  9. Now you will be ready to go onto the web page and view your Highlight.
Once you have uploaded your Highlight, you may view it at http://www.easports.com and select "My Player Hub".

Then for You Tube:

1. Download and save the video highlight to your computer.
2. Upload the saved video to your You Tube channel.
3. Select "Share" located under the created You tube video, then select to "Embed?".
4. "Copy" the displayed link and "Paste" it into your OS post.

Note* You Tube is used so if you ever delete videos from your EA Player Hub, they will still exist and be viewable, wherever you may have posted them.

i've tried doing this few times with utube i get video and all do the embed thing and when i come here and post it nothing shows up in the thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »