Home

One Of The Greatest Comebacks

This is a discussion on One Of The Greatest Comebacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
One Of The Greatest Comebacks

Ok, here's the situation: I'm the starting QB for the Browns in my offline CCM. I'm a rookie and I didn't take over the starting job until Week 4, after Colt McCoy was traded.
I had a decent year (3,800 yds 32td 23int 59% comp) and we fought our way into the AFC Championship game against the heavily favored New England Patriots, @ NE.

The game started awful for me. My first pass was intercepted and promptly returned for 6 by Devin McCourty. The next possession was just as bad; I was hit from behind on the first play and fumbled the ball, which they returned for a TD. At one point in the second quarter we were down 38-7, and 38-14 at halftime. I had already thrown 4 interceptions, to my 2 TD, and my best WR, Greg Little, was out for the game.

The second half was a different story, though, especially the 4th quarter. I threw another TD in the 3rd and we outscored them 14-7. We were down 45-28 going into the 4th. This is where we started to dominate. I threw two touchdowns to make the score 45-42 with only 1:15 left with all three timeouts. We ended up getting the ball back at our own 25 yard line with around 30 sec left, and 1 timeout.

The first play is a pass to my tight end, Benjamin Watson for 30 yards to the 50 yard line, but he failed to get out of bounds so I had to burn a timeout. Now there's 21 seconds left. The next play might be the biggest of all; I threw a bomb down the left sideline to Josh Gordon, but there's a penalty flag. The referee comes out and it's roughing the passer!!! The clock is now stopped and I'm on the 3 yard line with 10 sec left, down 45-42 with no timeouts. I call a quick pass to the full back in the flat and it works to perfection as we score the game winning TD with 6 sec left. 49-45.

I finished 20-35 for 569 yds 5tds 5ints, 4 carries for 42 yds 1TD and 1 Fumble. But we're going to the Super Bowl.

Oh and we then went on to beat the Saints in the Super Bowl in New Orleans. I had a passer rating of 147.9 282 yds 3td 0int. Riding that momentum!

Last edited by Mckinley Cash; 09-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: One Of The Greatest Comebacks

This is what I like about DPP. You can throw like Tom Brady in one game and then like Brandon Weeden the next or vice versa.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

Has anyone had similar games?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had plenty of this game. Once I threw for 600 yard, with 7TDs and 8 (eight!) Int on like 75% passing. Needless to say I broke a lot of records (good and bad, checked to see them in wikipedia because some don't show up in the game)

Sometimes I hate ccm. Every pass I do is either a completion or an interception. No middle ground. I try to play like a game manager but Charles can't run and stuff like what I mention happen.

Worst part is, if you have a solid game (240yds 2tds 0int) you earn less point than the horrible game I mentioned before
"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

I know. The lack of run game from the computer and the excess of run plays called makes the game unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfuntobethespurs

Sometimes I hate ccm. Every pass I do is either a completion or an interception. No middle ground. I try to play like a game manager but Charles can't run and stuff like what I mention happen.
Set the interceptions sliders down! I have mine at 25 and I've still thrown 3 picks in games. Most seasons I average about 1 INT / game. Plenty realistic for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »