Home

Qbs under the radar to build around?

This is a discussion on Qbs under the radar to build around? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Qbs under the radar to build around?

I still have faith in Brady Quinn. I usually go pick him up to atleast be a backup for me as I think he could still turn into something servicable. He may not be somebody but build around, but he's worth a try.

Other QB's who fit in the same category:

Colin Kapernick(sp?)
Vince Young
Tebow
Tyrod Taylor
TJ Yates
Ricky Stanzi
Kirk Cousins
Kellen Moore
Graham from the Packers

Some of these guys are more servicable backups, but still gets some names out there for everybody.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Colin Kaepernick

He was pretty good in the pre season when he played. He also had that 18ish yard run yesterday. He's a good fast QB, don't know what his rating is in Madden though.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
lmao, this guy is only worth a 5th at best. he hasn't had a year close to Cassel or Kolb much less a game like Flynn.
He's better than all three of them coming out of college.

Kolb wasn't worth half of what he was traded for. Flynn wasn't worth a fourth of what he got. Ryan Leaf could have have thrown 480 yards and 6 touchdowns against that Lions defense with those Packers receivers.

Ryan Mallet was a top 10 quarterback and would have been drafted in the top 10 had he not been an idiot. He was the most NFL ready quarterback coming out of college and would have started on 7 of the 10 teams drafting in the top 10.

Yes, he is worth a first round draft pick.

Just because you don't know anything about him doesn't mean he's not worth it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Russell Wilson
Ryan Tannehill
Jake Locker
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

Kolb wasn't worth half of what he was traded for. Flynn wasn't worth a fourth of what he got. Ryan Leaf could have have thrown 480 yards and 6 touchdowns against that Lions defense with those Packers receivers.

Ryan Mallet was a top 10 quarterback and would have been drafted in the top 10 had he not been an idiot. He was the most NFL ready quarterback coming out of college and would have started on 7 of the 10 teams drafting in the top 10.

i know a lot about mallett, i'm an auburn fan and saw him plenty. what he could have been and what he is are two different things. He is a 3 rd pick who hasn't impressed enough to warrant more than that. better players have been traded for less.

back to the thread...
Troy smith
n. enderle
k. moore
t. taylor
j. russell (if available)
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

no backup is worth a 1st rounder
Old 09-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

you know though madden has it's own currency, so to speak. what a player means in madden is different from what he's worth in the NFL. a player like mallett could start for a team in madden based on his SAC, MAC & DAC and someone might pay accordingly but that's not how i view things. all you have to do is join an online franchise and just ask people what they want for certain players and you'll see what i mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Going to try and eliminate some of the players that already been said which leave me with about 5 I will name.

Aaron Crop: Dude kind of seem like he could be built up like the next Matt Cassel. He have a decent arm and decent speed think he rush for over 1000 and threw for 3000 back in high school. He got stuck backing up Sanchez and battling for the third qb spot. He then was planed as being the starter after Sanchez left, but lost out to Barkley and then transfer to Richmond and got injured after 3 games.

Pat White: I know he's not in the game, but 6000 passing yards and 4000 rushings yards in his college career with over 100 total touchdowns made me give him a mention. Almost forgot about the straight bowl wins.

Brain Braham: At one point in time he would of been the #1 player taken in the 2007 draft, but he chooser to stay his senior season got hurt and ended up falling to the packers in the 2nd round . Other then that he had the skills to read defense and the powerand accuracy to deliver it at the NFL level.

Colt Brennan: The only qb I remember throwing 7 interceptions and still winning a game, but beside that the dude seem like a fun qb to run a air raid offense with in a franchise.

Kellen Moore/Case Keenum: the two undrafted qb that were both one of the topics in college football the past 2 years.Both were said to never being a great pro prospect, but seem like it would be fun to break the assumptions.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »