Home

Anyone figure out to play man-coverage vs. opponent putting Mike Wallace in at TE?

This is a discussion on Anyone figure out to play man-coverage vs. opponent putting Mike Wallace in at TE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Rookie

buckycribbs16's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anyone figure out to play man-coverage vs. opponent putting Mike Wallace in at TE

Here's an idea. Don't play so much man coverage. Love playing against you guys.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Anyone figure out to play man-coverage vs. opponent putting Mike Wallace in at TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycribbs16
So because he plays man gives someone the right to put a WR at tight end? Interesting. Basically, we're just adding onto the cheese chess match that must take place to enjoy the game IMO.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Rookie

MrPromax's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
So because he plays man gives someone the right to put a WR at tight end? Interesting. Basically, we're just adding onto the cheese chess match that must take place to enjoy the game IMO.
i'm with jerz. playing like that takes all the fun out of it. if i could line my dn at lb it would be fair....i guess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

2-4-5, sub backup CB at SS2 (lines up at OLB), choose SS1 with outside position on the hashes and select man coverage pre-snap on that WR at TE. Run man cover 2 which turns into cover 1 once changing SS1 to man. Manual as the FS and cover the seams.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckycribbs16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
What Jerz said.

If you want to throw a receiver in as your tight end, that's fine. It's cheesy, but whatever. But at least have the decency to make it a guy who might actually go there (i.e. a big bodied Ramses Barden type). Lining DeSean Jackson up there for 100% of your snaps is just flat out exploiting the deficiencies of the game. Because in real life, if 6', 199 pound Mike Wallace lines up in the slot, he's going to get blown up by bigger, stronger players and won't be able to exploit his speed.

Anyway, say what you want, but I'll run man all day against people who do cheese stuff like this and eventually, it'll work. I'll run a formation with an extra defensive back and manually set that guy to man up on your "tight end." Or, hell, I'll just call a play with two linebackers and have them double that guy. You'll burn me a bunch of times, but I'll get you once or twice and in Madden's woeful online environment, that's all it takes to decide a game.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Anyone figure out to play man-coverage vs. opponent putting Mike Wallace in at TE

Have ready as aud:

2-4-5 or 1-5-5 and Cover 2 man

Sub in highest STR CB(to slow the release) or the fastest CB depending on what your secondary has to work with to Nickel back. Shade inside coverage. Manually double with FS/SS. Youll be covering the outside routes and deep ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

Do what I do when I'm faced against cheesers and quit. I couldn't care less about my online record. I've quit up 14-7 in the first quarter before because I knew the game was going to be almost unbearable. If my opponent is a cheeser and I know I won't have fun, why should I waste my time playing him? I'll give him his win, and I'll save myself some time and go have fun playing someone else. Win-win situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »