Home

Quickest Way to Progress Created QB

This is a discussion on Quickest Way to Progress Created QB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Rookie

Parrotheadache's Arena

OVR: 0
Quickest Way to Progress Created QB

Hey Guys,
New to OS, so feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone had devised the quickest way to reach the HoF with a created QB. I have played through two seasons, going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl in both of them. I have set NFL Records for passing yards/TD's in a game and season. However, my HoF bar has barely moved.

Is it quicker to play until you reach the season goal, then sim the rest of the season until the playoffs? I've tried just simming and playing in the playoffs, but that didn't seem to have much bearing on the rating either.

Just interested to see your thoughts.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Quickest Way to Progress Created QB

I have no first hand experience with a created QB... But... I wouldn't think that two seasons, even if you are setting the world on fire, would not result in any legit shot at making the HOF. So I think it makes sense that the HOF bar has barely moved. If you've put in 5-6 seasons at that level and the bar still hasn't moved, then maybe start worrying... But just my two cents.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Simple, your career stats are going to pathetic matched up with Farve's stats and HOF Qb's stats in general. You need at least 10+ seasons to get that bar to go up really high.

I simmed through a ROLB, 15 seasons and 172 sacks, my "bar" was at 6k. Sadly, no super bowl appearances throughout the 15 years thus I could not pass LT or hit the HOF.

Once your career stats are up there, your bar will be up there as well.

on a sad note, you are forced to retire at some point, I thought I could sim until I hit age 45 but they ended my career at 35 which pissed me off as I would have easily set all the records and passed LT for the achievement.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I have no first hand experience with a created QB... But... I wouldn't think that two seasons, even if you are setting the world on fire, would not result in any legit shot at making the HOF. So I think it makes sense that the HOF bar has barely moved. If you've put in 5-6 seasons at that level and the bar still hasn't moved, then maybe start worrying... But just my two cents.
I agree with Nunyerbiz. There is NOBODY in the HOF that has only played two seasons. You need to have a CAREER not a stint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »